PDA

View Full Version : Not In and OUt but.....

mirrodie
2011-09-13, 04:07 PM
Jake's Wayback burgers? A few locales on Long Island.

Since fatburger and Five Guys has been a complete disappointment, (after having IN and OUT), I am curious if anyone else has tried Jakes Wayback burgers yet?

NIKV69
2011-09-13, 04:28 PM
Fatburger isn't bad their chargrilled taste is good. Five guys is overrated. If someone tries Jakes let us know.

Zee71
2011-09-13, 05:04 PM
There's another chain .......... Cheese Burger Cheese Burger .......... pretty darn good in my tasteful opinion.

threeholerglory
2011-09-13, 05:24 PM
I was always a fan of Five Guys though it'll never live up to the likes of In and Out....I had Fatburger out in AZ and have to say I felt like the burgers were entirely too bland...maybe it was just the location.

fk6065
2011-09-13, 06:26 PM
All American Burger in Massapequa, THE BEST!

gonzalu
2011-09-13, 06:28 PM
Five Guys is just way too expensive for me... I mean burger and fries with drink for $14 bucks in Manhattan? WOW! But, they have good tasting burger. Never had the Wayback burger and CheBurgerCheBurger (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=I7w&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=_9hvTo6dNOLb0QH169jzCQ&ved=0CBYQvwUoAQ&q=CheBurgerCheBurger&spell=1) is also very good (Palisades Mall, Nyack) :biggrin:

MarkLawrence
2011-09-13, 07:18 PM
Is In-n-Out that good??? I'm heading to LA tomorrow - going to be going to the In-n-Out in the afternoon to get some shots - and - hopefully a good burger...

nssd70
2011-09-13, 07:27 PM
I wasn't overly impressed by In-n-Out.

Doug

mirrodie
2011-09-13, 07:58 PM
Marc. Order a 4x4 at In and Out. Then overnight it to me in NY.

Yes. Its greasy meat and its that yummy.

(Done CheeburgerCHeeburger, they are also near me. It was OK.)

Have had Cheeburger, FiveGuys, and All American all on Long Island and All American is the best thus far. Thankfully its a 20 minute ride away....

And you know what else? You can't beat a cheeseburger and fries at most greek owner diners on Long Island.

megatop412
2011-09-13, 08:09 PM
There's a place on Rt 202 in Wilmington DE where the burgers are freakin unbelievably good- I travel 40 minutes to get there from Philly- I give you "The Charcoal Pit":

http://charcoalpit.net/

threeholerglory
2011-09-13, 08:38 PM
Marc. Order a 4x4 at In and Out. Then overnight it to me in NY.

Yes. Its greasy meat and its that yummy.

(Done CheeburgerCHeeburger, they are also near me. It was OK.)

Have had Cheeburger, FiveGuys, and All American all on Long Island and All American is the best thus far. Thankfully its a 20 minute ride away....

And you know what else? You can't beat a cheeseburger and fries at most greek owner diners on Long Island.

no no no....it's a 4X4 Animal Style....trust me, it's worth it. And while you're at it get some fries animal style too...you won't regret it. If i'm not mistaken the most epic order ever to be documented at an in and out was a 100x100

on the note of ridiculousness, maybe Nick can chime in here but I've been to Phoenix thrice now, and haven't gone to this place...anyone have any idea how good it actually is? I've seen pics of the staff, and let me just say...it looks delicious =P

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/index.html

ANITIX87
2011-09-13, 09:42 PM
CheBurgerCheBurger[/URL] is also very good (Palisades Mall, Nyack)
My stomping grounds! I live in the town next to Nyack (in Orangeburg). CheeBurger CheeBurger is fantastic!!!

TIS

gonzalu
2011-09-13, 11:43 PM
OK, what about best burger closest to the airport... In-n-Out in LAX is the winner ok, but here in NYC, the Jackson Hole Wyoming burgers are absolutely [the] best... forget all others. Not only do I know the owners, I know the butcher that exclusively mixes the meat for their burgers and it is a special mix of lean and fat meat... well, it is amazing... One right down the street from LGA.

heeshung
2011-09-14, 02:58 AM
Cheeburger Cheeburger is very 'meh' for me. I don't particularly like their buns. About on par with Five Guys in my opinion.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shake Shack in Manhattan. Closest I've ever come to In-N-Out without actually being In-N-Out. I think they're just as good in their own way.

Roush6NY
2011-09-14, 09:04 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shake Shack in Manhattan..

They are awesome !!! Good call Mark

steve1840
2011-09-14, 11:07 AM
OK, what about best burger closest to the airport... In-n-Out in LAX is the winner ok, but here in NYC, the Jackson Hole Wyoming burgers are absolutely [the] best... forget all others. Not only do I know the owners, I know the butcher that exclusively mixes the meat for their burgers and it is a special mix of lean and fat meat... well, it is amazing... One right down the street from LGA.

Think I know where I'm eating next time I"m in the area. Do they have a place to eat outside?

mirrodie
2011-09-14, 11:38 AM
http://peterhuoppi.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/five-guys-vs-jakes-mystic-burger-showdown/

Gotta tell you, for good burgers out here, All American is the one to beat.

threeholerglory
2011-09-14, 03:06 PM
actually..screw all of the above...white manna owns.

gonzalu
2011-09-14, 06:11 PM
What? No one mentions Big Mac? Come on, that's got to be the best :tongue:

gonzalu
2011-09-14, 06:12 PM
Think I know where I'm eating next time I"m in the area. Do they have a place to eat outside?

Steve, unfortunately, not [that] close to the action, and wrong angle :frown: The ONLY thing you may see is a RWY 4 arrival through trees and far away... But they do have outdoor tables

NIKV69
2011-09-14, 06:16 PM
Hey Mario in Huntington or it may be Centerport is that place right off of 25A. Every time I drive by it's mobbed I hear it's awesome. You ever try it?

hiss srq
2011-09-14, 09:13 PM
There is a Jakes Wayback here in Long Beach in the west end 4 blocks from my house. Went there one afternoon a week ago, absolutely fantastic food. The shakes arent bad either. Kind of has a sawdust joint feel to it minus the sawdust, flat screens, and they serve everything in pie tins.... Just what my cardiologist wants to hear. LMAO

mirrodie
2011-09-15, 10:49 AM
r u talkin bout the shack?

Perriwen
2011-09-29, 01:52 PM
You guys really need a Whataburger up there!

727C47
2011-09-29, 03:24 PM
IN-N-Out by a landslide, double/double animal style for me, w/fries and a strawberry shake !

NIKV69
2011-09-29, 03:41 PM
r u talkin bout the shack?

Yep you ever eat there? When I worked in Huntington 10 years ago it was on the Cold Spring side and I never made it that east. Now I drive past there couple times a week and it's always mobbed.

You guys really need a Whataburger up there!

They have a sick chicken biscuit sandwich!

mirrodie
2011-09-29, 07:08 PM
Yeah, Nick, I think its The Shack. It's alright.

Finally did Jake's wayback, BTW. BEtter than Five Guys, IMHO. Honestly, could be the pairing of the double cheeseburger with a milkshake....

But, In and OUt is still a tough one to beat. Perhaps its the infusion of Jet A that makes the difference.

Oh, Also heard thath te BK California Whopper kicks ass.

LGA777
2011-10-08, 10:18 AM
Five Guys is just way too expensive for me... I mean burger and fries with drink for $14 bucks in Manhattan? WOW! But, they have good tasting burger. Never had the Wayback burger and CheBurgerCheBurger (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=I7w&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=_9hvTo6dNOLb0QH169jzCQ&ved=0CBYQvwUoAQ&q=CheBurgerCheBurger&spell=1) is also very good (Palisades Mall, Nyack) :biggrin:

A few comments to add. The CheBurgerCheBurger in the Palisades Mall is gone, their is now a Popeyes where they used to be. I have eaten in the one at T5 at JFK around 5 times. The 1st 2 or 3 it was great, but once the newness wore off for me not that special at least for me.

The other day I tried Pop Burger, they have 2 or 3 locations in Manhattan and I saw them on a burger show on I think the travel channel. Their main burger is actually 2 sliders, it was very good but at $9.35 plus $4.75 for regular fries I didn't think it was worth what I spent, glad I tried them but not sure if I would return. ShakeShak seemed like a better value and burger and they continue to be my local favorite.

http://www.popburger.com/

But then I had a big surprise yesterday. Wendy's has just unveiled their new Burger product I guess to compete with 5 Guys, In & Out and the likes, it is called "Dave's Hot & Juicy" and I was actually really impressed. By the far the most delicious Wendy's Burger I have ever tasted and even though I have always liked Wendy's this was the best anything I ever ate their.

So if your a Burger fan or a Wendy's fan or both go give one a try, I think Wendy's just launched a Winner.

Cheers

LGA777