PDA

View Full Version : Looters Beat Photogs In London

Gerard
2011-08-09, 06:49 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/aug/09/london-riots-photographers-targeted

T-Bird76
2011-08-09, 10:07 PM
Do they even know why they are rioting? Asses...

cancidas
2011-08-09, 10:14 PM

at this point, very highly doubtful!

NIKV69
2011-08-10, 01:25 PM

Hate to say it but I feel most of this after the fact stuff is a form of wilding or flash mob stuff where these kids want to just steal stuff and beat on people. It's real sad.

Gerard
2011-08-11, 07:25 PM
Hate to say it but I feel most of this after the fact stuff is a form of wilding or flash mob stuff where these kids want to just steal stuff and beat on people. It's real sad.

It began after a peaceful protest following a police involved fatal shooting of an alleged "innocent" man. He was a known criminal and was armed but it does appear the police
might have mistepped on his shooting.
The riots were the work of anarchists and trouble-makers who took advantage of the situation. Using Twitter and other forms of social media they easily recruited English youth who
were unhappy over govt cuts/policies.
When the rioting began the London Metropolitan Police were woefully unprepared for this reaction and the British govt, many who were on vacation out of country, were very slow to
respond.
It looks like the Police/Govt are getting hold of the situation but it was very scary indeed in the beginning. I have a few co-workers that have family in that area and they were horrified
and concerned about their families well being. My wife and I were in London 3 weeks ago and I know some of the areas where there was trouble.
IMHO the military should have been called in, a curfew set and more heads busted. But thats me!! :tongue: