PDA

View Full Version : July 10, 2011 at LGA

Speedbird1
2011-07-11, 03:29 AM
While waiting for friends at LGA on Sunday, July 10, I spotted for the first time, SouthWest's B737 "Maryland One" Reg. N214WN. It was arriving from of all places, BWI ! It was so cute and colorful that I dreamt about it last night. I also saw JetBlue's only "Green" aircraft honoring the NY Jets, Reg. N746JB as well as a US Air in retro "Allegheny". Still waiting to see the US Air in "Arizona" livery. Finally, saw some attractive Frontier tails, a billy goat and a bronco. Evidently, Frontier has more tail liveries than any other airline.

steve1840
2011-07-11, 08:03 AM
The USAirways "Arizona" tail is a nice sight to see. Got blessed with that chance back in June out in PHX, but am still waiting for a chance to see the Alleghany retro and would love to see Maryland One on a SW bird.

cancidas
2011-07-11, 07:43 PM
the America West heritage scheme as well as the AZ and NV birds are west airplanes. you won't see them at LGA, only JFK.

Speedbird1
2011-07-12, 06:51 AM
And the SouthWest "Arizona One" and "Nevada One" will probably never visit NYC as JFK currently has no SWA flights. Hopefully, SWA will paint an aircraft as "New York One" as there are currently no aircraft honoring NYC. For awhile back, Continental flew a B777 honoring NYC. I saw it once at EWR but I believe it was re-painted.

steve1840
2011-07-12, 07:15 AM
And the SouthWest "Arizona One" and "Nevada One" will probably never visit NYC as JFK currently has no SWA flights......

Luckily I'm pretty much right in the middle of JFK and BOS, so I can always drive to BOS to catch the USAirways and SW specials.