PDA

View Full Version : TSA Tomfoolery continues, now at Shenanigan levels!

T-Bird76
2011-06-20, 09:36 AM
I fear we may see bulldashery levels by the end of the summer if not sooner....

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/chef-makes-it-tsa-screeners-at-ohare-with-four-huge-knives-in-his-bag.html

The chef here is pretty stupid to...

Idlewild
2011-06-20, 03:19 PM
As much as I dislike the TSA, just because someone states they put one over the Man, doesn't mean they actually did it. It doesn't make sense that a chef who seems to know TSA/FAA rules about carrying knives on board, would risk having very expensive and very personal objects confiscated by security. As well as possibly being detained for questioning.

mirrodie
2011-06-22, 10:42 AM
Tomfoolery, bulldashery and shenanigans?

Sounds like you're spending way too much time on Fire Island, ye ole scallywag!

steve1840
2011-06-22, 11:03 AM
I'm just amazed that people actually think of the articles that "The Consumerist" write as credible.

moose135
2011-06-22, 11:45 AM
I'm just amazed that people actually think of the articles that "The Consumerist" write as credible.
They must be...they're on the Internet. :tongue:

T-Bird76
2011-06-22, 12:32 PM

Why not? Simply becuase an outlet for information has a tounge and cheek way of delivering information makes them less credible then say the NYT? The Consumerist has brought a good many stories to light of what companies do that screw over the consumer and public.

moose135
2011-06-22, 12:53 PM
Maybe because there is no apparent attempt at independent research or verification on their stories. The article you posted was entirely the result of something posted on Twitter. But unfortunately, that all too often passes for "journalism" these days.

steve1840
2011-06-22, 12:56 PM
Maybe because there is no apparent attempt at independent research or verification on their stories. The article you posted was entirely the result of something posted on Twitter. But unfortunately, that all too often passes for "journalism" these days.

Couldn't have said it better myself Moose. Also, their articles seem extremely one-sided.

T-Bird76
2011-06-22, 02:02 PM

Jon they take stories from consumers who have been screwed over by companies and post their stories in hopes the company will take action and most times the companies do. I'm sorry they don't stack up to your definition of "journalism".

mirrodie
2011-06-22, 05:06 PM
If the Consumerist passes as journalism, then my FB page is the Robert Murdock empire.

emshighway
2011-06-22, 06:21 PM
Isn't this more of a FlyerTalk Topic?

T-Bird76
2011-06-22, 07:04 PM
Isn't this more of a FlyerTalk Topic?

You really don't like that site do you?