PDA

View Full Version : LGA Tower and FAA Building

emshighway
2011-06-15, 05:27 PM
I had a meeting in the new Tower Building at LGA so we got the tour of the 14 1/2 floor otherwise known as the CAB. Awesome view and very nice digs. All I had on me was a cell phone and they asked for all to be shut off. When I asked about taking a few shots they were reluctant because the ATCs are not allowed to have their cell phones so I saw it as a union kind of thing and played nice. I was offered to opportunity to go back.

The nice thing is on all the walls of the building are aviation history photos and paintings. A really nice touch. It is too bad the building is off limits to the public as I know many of you would just enjoy seeing the walls.

They did a really nice job (including the 4" thick glass). When I get the chance to get back the camera will be in tow.

cancidas
2011-06-16, 07:37 PM
The nice thing is on all the walls of the building are aviation history photos and paintings. A really nice touch. It is too bad the building is off limits to the public as I know many of you would just enjoy seeing the walls.

i noticed that as well when i was there a couple weeks ago and thought it was a great touch. makes it feel like a lot more than just another government building. the cab itself is huge compared to the old tower and the view is tremendous. i can't wait for the opportunity to work there one day...

emshighway
2011-06-17, 10:46 PM
i noticed that as well when i was there a couple weeks ago and thought it was a great touch. makes it feel like a lot more than just another government building. the cab itself is huge compared to the old tower and the view is tremendous. i can't wait for the opportunity to work there one day...

When you do I better have an open invitation :wink:

cancidas
2011-06-18, 11:17 AM
the dismantling of the old tower cab has become visible already, the old radar structure is slowly coming apart. whatever housing there was on the base of the radar assembly is now gone.

When you do I better have an open invitation :wink:

of course, and a coffee mug with your name on it too.:wink: