PDA

View Full Version : What's "Bright Star"?

Vidiot
2011-06-06, 10:24 PM
I saw this photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/5716644972/in/photostream) on the White House's Flickr, with the following caption:

First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden, seated far left, meet with staff aboard Bright Star during a flight from New River Marine Corps Air Station in North Carolina to Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, April 13, 2011. The trip was to launch Joining Forces, a national initiative to support and honor America's service members and their families. (Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy)

I've never heard of "Bright Star" before; is it some sort of special aircraft like the E-4B Nigh****ch ships? Or is it the usual callsign for FLOTUS's plane? (Though, to my understanding, that would be "Air Force One Foxtrot.") The safety card visible in that shot says it's a C-40C, which I believe FLOTUS (and occasionally VPOTUS) generally uses.

Anyone know for sure?

moose135
2011-06-06, 11:11 PM
From what I've seen, it's an internal code name for the First Lady's aircraft, not the ATC call sign - that would be Executive 1 Foxtrot.

Gerard
2011-06-07, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Vidiot;447027] E-4B Nigh****ch ships? /QUOTE]

Huh? :confused:

Vidiot
2011-06-08, 09:48 PM
Huh? :confused:

The E-4B are called Night Watch, and apparently the bulletin board software flags what it thinks is an obscenity when it's spelled out as one word...

Thanks, Moose -- I'm surprised that it would be "Executive One Foxtrot" and not AF1F if it's operated by the Air Force and not a civilian aircraft.

Gerard
2011-06-08, 10:02 PM
The E-4B are called Night Watch, and apparently the bulletin board software flags what it thinks is an obscenity when it's spelled out as one word...

LOL trying to figure out what obscenity it could be. The software must have a dirty mind!! :biggrin: