PDA

View Full Version : Air2Air class at Historic Flight Foundation

Nathan McGrew
2011-05-22, 11:47 PM
I had the opportunity to take the Air2Air class at Historic Flight Foundation that was given in conjuction with General Aviation day at Paine Field in Everett, WA. It was put on by Lyle Jansma by way of the foundation and featured key speakers, long time photographer Brian Silcox and editor of Warbird Digest, Greg Morehead. The class was filled with a range of photographers, both accomplished and like me, new to the game.

Good fortune smiled on me as I flew on Friday instead of Saturday like everyone else. Weather on Friday evening was hazy and it gave the light a very sublime softness. It was also a big break since Grumpy, the B-25 photoship, did not pass the pre-flight checklist and the flights had to be scrubbed. Weather was terrible on that day anyway, and I'm sure when everyone else gets their chance to go up, it will be sunny days. I could go on and on about how this experience was a once in a liftime chance to network with like minded photographers, how awesome it is to experience a P-51 pull into formation alongside a B-25, windows up out of the way, freezing air numbing my fingers, a moment when I said, "Oh, wow" and actually forgot what I was there to do. But I won't. I could even mention how the class was very reasonably priced. Maybe only reasonable for those taking the class, maybe not so reasonable to those providing the flights. It was McDonals prices, but fillet mignion was served instead.

Sadly, all I can share with everyone right now is this one shot I picked out of the lineup at random. Enjoy.

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b466/EarthonFirePhotography/Air2Air/mustangmountain.jpg

jerslice
2011-05-22, 11:49 PM
HOT!

Was nice to see the event get kicked off Friday night...as you know I was not doing well at all and missed Saturday. I'll be at the rescheduled fly-days though....looking forward to seeing more of your stuff when the time is right.

steve1840
2011-05-23, 07:22 AM
That shot is AWESOME!! How often do they do that?

jerslice
2011-05-23, 12:55 PM
So far this is the first one, but we're definitely hoping it will not be the last.

steve1840
2011-05-23, 01:00 PM
So far this is the first one, but we're definitely hoping it will not be the last.

Please do keep us informed if more are to come! Would love the opportunity to participate in something like that.

jerslice
2011-05-23, 01:04 PM
Please do keep us informed if more are to come! Would love the opportunity to participate in something like that.
Will do!
It sold out via word of mouth so fast that we never had to really deploy our advertising plan!

Nathan McGrew
2011-05-23, 01:48 PM
It sold out before the sign-up portal on the website was even up and running! It was a great class, an awesome experience and the perfect way to open a few doors! I recommend it to anyone who is remotely serious about aviation photography!

Wish I could share all of my stuff with everyone right now...just can't! Ground based GA day images will be coming up in a week or so while I recover from a surgery I'm having on Wednesday.

steve1840
2011-05-23, 02:07 PM
Is there any chance that if this keeps going that this will spread to other locations across the country? Would be great to have something like this come out east for those folks who may not be able to make it out west.

jerslice
2011-05-23, 02:37 PM
Is there any chance that if this keeps going that this will spread to other locations across the country? Would be great to have something like this come out east for those folks who may not be able to make it out west.
It's possible but we'll have to see!