PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Osama Bin Laden DEAD!!!

Gerard
2011-05-01, 10:52 PM
President to make an announcement soon that Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!! And we have the body!! BREAKING NOW!!!
WOW!!!!

flyboy 28
2011-05-01, 11:13 PM
Truly historic. Remember 9/11, remember my shipmates from the Cole, remember all the embassy bombings, and all the other things this ******* was behind. Let's hang this dude in Times Square like they did with Mussolini.

moose135
2011-05-01, 11:36 PM
Mission Accomplished...finally.

Delta777LR
2011-05-01, 11:56 PM
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! The Devil was shot down straight to hell!! a huge thanks to our US Military!!

Iberia A340-600
2011-05-02, 01:33 AM
I just got back from celebrating at the White house... The energy was incredible. I've never felt more patriotic and American.

RomNYC
2011-05-02, 02:20 AM
As much as I respect US forces, I do not believe ONE SECOND that this happened today, or even this decade.

NIKV69
2011-05-02, 02:52 AM
As much as I respect US forces, I do not believe ONE SECOND that this happened today, or even this decade.

You can put your tin foil hat away. A resident from the town where the raid took place live tweeted the whole event. Trust me if Obama could delay this he would wait till right before the election when it would help him the most. The bounce he gets from this will only last a few months.

RomNYC
2011-05-02, 03:10 AM
Hmm... Twitter... reliable source of information. Something here doesn't match imho. Last year, I live tweeted the space mission I was involved in, it was great...

NIKV69
2011-05-02, 03:12 AM
Hmm... Twitter... reliable source of information. Something here doesn't match imho. Last year, I live tweeted the space mission I was involved in, it was great...

Ok bro, whatev. I got Jesse Ventura's # here somewhere when I find it I will give it to you.

RomNYC
2011-05-02, 03:26 AM
For someone familiar with "JFK", you do seem very gullible... like the thousands "celebrating" right now. A tad rude, too.

But like you said, whatev.

NIKV69
2011-05-02, 03:38 AM
For someone familiar with "JFK", you do seem very gullible... like the thousands "celebrating" right now. A tad rude, too.

But like you said, whatev.

There is some pretty good evidence that JFK was not shot the way the Warren commision says and his body mishandled afterwards. When you can produce some evidence OBL was killed years ago and not in a firefight in Pakistan hours ago I will be all ears. Until then you are coming across as Jesse Ventura claiming Dick Cheney shot a missle at the Pentagon on 9/11 and somehow kidnapped a 757 and all it's pax not to mention GWB planting bombs so the WTC would come down. You are going to have to expect to get flamed.

PhilDernerJr
2011-05-02, 08:43 AM
I'm blown away (no pun!). I had long accepted the fact that we'd never know if he was alive or dead or that he'd ever be punished for what he did.

I'm goin to Times Square or WTC this morning.

Spunker
2011-05-02, 10:27 AM
Such fantastically glorious news!!

moose135
2011-05-02, 10:36 AM
The news broke last night in the middle of "The Apprentice" - clearly a ploy by the President to draw attention away from The Donald...:tongue:

MarkLawrence
2011-05-02, 01:15 PM
You know John - there was someone on the radio here in South Florida this morning when I was driving to work that said that - it was his way of getting back at The Donald for the whole birth certificate saga - and she was VERY indignant when the radio show hosts pointed out that it was a little more than that.... :)

The news broke last night in the middle of "The Apprentice" - clearly a ploy by the President to draw attention away from The Donald...:tongue:

mirrodie
2011-05-02, 02:12 PM
OK, I have not been on he news since last night.

A few questions I have that dont seem clear.

- Fox was reporting he was killed LAST WEEK and that it took some time to verify by DNA match that it was indeed Osama. Others are saying it was May 1. Which is it?

-I am now hearing his body was dumped at sea? What, with Megatron?? In a world where photoshop reigns and tangible proof is necessary, I am now VERY skeptical.
This is not tin foil hat conspiracy but just basic sense. What is the story here?

PhilDernerJr
2011-05-02, 02:19 PM
The operation to go into the compound was approved last week, and the attack itself occurred yesterday.

The sea burial is to keep any placement of his body from becoming a shrine or target, which makes a lot of sense. They also took DNA samples and I'm sure they have ample photo/video. Did you expect them to put his body on display?

hiss srq
2011-05-02, 02:22 PM
I want to know how many times the operator tapped him in total. Word on the block is that he grabbed a woman and hid behind her. Apparently the Seal had to take her out to take him out. I saw video on Gizmodo of the inside of the house post raid with blood all over the place. Frankly, I am just glad that the prick is dead. Finally, after a long grueling wait.

mirrodie
2011-05-02, 02:30 PM
The operation to go into the compound was approved last week, and the attack itself occurred yesterday.

The sea burial is to keep any placement of his body from becoming a shrine or target, which makes a lot of sense. They also took DNA samples and I'm sure they have ample photo/video. Did you expect them to put his body on display?

Phil, I feel that makes sense. Yet I wonder if these officials actually though about the ramifications of dumping the body. In a single day, they DNA sampled, autopsied, got him on a ship, photographed, etc. Its all too suspect.

Derf
2011-05-02, 02:45 PM
I think in this case, they take some blood and understand that the Seals are not going to lie and accept the truth. They have DNA and Pictures or more, They are not going to care about some people saying it did not happen. No amount of proof will stop a conspiracy theorist from spreading trash. The goal was kill the bastard, The did that and do not give a **** if people say it did or did not happen.... The goal was to kill the bastard, they are content and do not care about the trash talk.

PhilDernerJr
2011-05-02, 02:47 PM
Phil, I feel that makes sense. Yet I wonder if these officials actually though about the ramifications of dumping the body. In a single day, they DNA sampled, autopsied, got him on a ship, photographed, etc. Its all too suspect.

I don't find anything suspicious about that. No one said he was autopsied. they used obvious photographic evidence to confirm, and on top of the that, the DNA testing was still ongoing this morning.

And what ramifications?

Also, burial at sea is not uncommon at all. Many US sailors who die in war are buried this way still today.

RomNYC
2011-05-02, 03:09 PM
You are going to have to expect to get flamed.

You are very right about that, and I find it sad, but I'm prepared. Why do people (not necessarily you) get pi$$ed off from the moment someone raises questions? People love to question governments all the time, why not here? I believe that, as a citizen of the world (I'm not American), my job is make sure we have credible, trustworthy people in charge of us and frankly, history has often shown that this breed is rare.

OBL was buried at sea.... I can only raise the question "why?".

Anyway, I apologize for turning this thread into this, on an aviation-related website. This will be my final comment about it as I refuse to upset anyone (and be off-topic). Let's now hope that American and foreign forces will all come back home fast.

RomNYC
2011-05-02, 03:13 PM

Sorry, one more word since Phil is raising this. A French news channel showed what is supposedly the US Army's picture proof of OBL's death. This French blog calls it fake all the way (google translate for a rough translation). Make your own opinion...

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

http://realinfos.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/mort-de-ben-ladenun-gros-fake-de-plus/

NIKV69
2011-05-02, 03:22 PM
You are very right about that, and I find it sad,

What is sad is that Jesse Ventura and the truthers have started a trend of throwing out lies and assumptions as a way to question everything the government does. It's sad that society has degenerated into this.

I believe that, as a citizen of the world (I'm not American), my job is make sure we have credible, trustworthy people in charge of us and frankly, history has often shown that this breed is rare.

That is fine but do it with facts and not talking points and innuendo.

OBL was buried at sea.... I can only raise the question "why?".

Muslim belief is to bury the body as soon as possible after death. They did it at sea to prevent people from making pilgramges to the site and to prevent any further inflammation. I mean if you used some common sense instead of jumping to conclusions you would see this was the only way to handle the body.

RomNYC
2011-05-02, 03:35 PM
That is fine but do it with facts and not talking points and innuendo.

I mean if you used some common sense instead of jumping to conclusions you would see this was the only way to handle the body.

(So much for saying it was going to be my last post about this but...)

Obviously, I disagree, but that's okay.

The only thing that makes me react (for the last time, hopefully) is the fact that you question my common sense (and you've been doing so since last night) when I don't question yours, or your intelligence. As much as I did not present FACTS, neither did you.

Disagreeing is one thing. Disrespecting one's opinion is another. Thank you.

NIKV69
2011-05-02, 03:51 PM
neither did you.

Huh? They have indentified the body by facial technology, had someone at the scene ID him and did DNA and have photos. I mean what the hell else is there? A person in the town saw the helicopters and fire and tweeted all night about it which coincides with the video that was shot. I mean you get mad at people for insulting your intelligence yet you show very little. You are a truther and a truther doesn't need facts or doesn't live in reality. They live in a deep rooted hatred for elected office and will never believe anything the government does. It is borderline insanity if not total insanity. Osama Bin Laden planned out the attacks on the WTC. His men flew the planes into the WTC and Pentagon. For 10 years we have searched for him and we finally found him. Yesterday a team of Seals landed where he was holed up and shot him in the head and killed him. All the evidence points to this. Not to some elaborate scheme by God knows who to bomb the WTC, shoot a missle at the Pentagon to start a war for oil and God knows what you think happened to Osama, you said not in this decade? When did we kill him? Now if you have anything that resembles proof that contradicts this please share it but by just saying "Government is full of liars" or that twitter is not realible because you can tweet something that didn't happen is not proof. It's insane.

moose135
2011-05-02, 04:01 PM
I was listening to one of the press conferences this afternoon with White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan. He said they had various plans on what to do with him, depending on whether they captured him alive or not. It had been determined that if OBL was killed in the raid, they would attempt to follow Islamic rituals in handling the body (although unsaid, I assume it was to avoid inflaming passions among those in the world who supported OBL). In order to do that, he would need to be buried within 24 hours. Following the raid, his body was taken to a USN ship, where his identity was confirmed, and as there would be insufficient time to transfer his body elsewhere, the plan included burial at sea, in an acceptable manner. And as noted, it prevents his burial site from becoming a pilgrimage site.

Sorry, one more word since Phil is raising this. A French news channel showed what is supposedly the US Army's picture proof of OBL's death. This French blog calls it fake all the way (google translate for a rough translation). Make your own opinion...
That is fake - I've seen a couple of reports where that picture had been around for a while, already. All reputable news agencies have removed it from their sites.

ETA: A quick Google search turned up this - the April, 2009 story in which Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari said OBL "may have been killed", since there is little information to suggest he is alive. The story included the "death" photo in question.
http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voices.php/2009/04/29/osama-bin-laden-believed-dead-by-pak-int

megatop412
2011-05-02, 05:51 PM
For the sake of my own sanity, I have to believe that they killed him. If it really wasn't him, well, then let him live out the rest of his days in Kunar Province like the little rat-mole that he is, smelling like ass in a cave that smells like ammonia filled with bugs and bats. Him and all his dirty little friends can sit and have circle jerks about their pathetic lives in complete isolation from everyone else. He would never be able to roam the world freely anyway.

I hope he felt the same pain and fear those people felt jumping from the 102nd floor 10 years ago.

Gerard
2011-05-02, 05:59 PM
For the sake of my own sanity, I have to believe that they killed him.

Well if it WASNT him dont you think he would be screaming from the rooftops "Hey Infidels I'm Still Here"!!!!!!!!!! And his showing up like that would
make this country and our govt look like real humiliated fools!!
Geez I can see questioning our govt but THIS SOB IS DEAD!!!!!!

T-Bird76
2011-05-02, 06:20 PM
Well if it WASNT him dont you think he would be screaming from the rooftops "Hey Infidels I'm Still Here"!!!!!!!!!! And his showing up like that would
make this country and our govt look like real humiliated fools!!
Geez I can see questioning our govt but THIS SOB IS DEAD!!!!!!

great point..now will the Tin foil hat wearers go on about your lives please...

PhilDernerJr
2011-05-02, 06:21 PM
This is how he was caught....

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/228111_2037030926823_1275723590_2428306_1983433_n. jpg

Gerard
2011-05-02, 06:41 PM
This is how he was caught....

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/228111_2037030926823_1275723590_2428306_1983433_n. jpg

Too FRIGGIN FUNNY!!!! :biggrin:

PhilDernerJr
2011-05-02, 07:16 PM
As for the burial at sea part... http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/05/military-bin-laden-burial-050211w/

mirrodie
2011-05-02, 09:58 PM
Phil, by ramifications, I mean look at JFK. How his death was handled was still spoken of years later.

I dont doubt the guy is dead but it certainly draws suspicion, regardless the reason he was thrown in the ocean. And like JFK, it will be spoken of years later.

Again, by ramifications, look at jsut what Obama had to do last week to shut people up. He had to show his birth certif. He had to show proof on something I never even questioned. But considering what oBama had just been through, I think he might have thought twice to keep the body a few days. I think the US gov tried to show how we respect other religions yet I think many are feeling snubbed by this.

(by the way, I first heard the sea burial thing from an NYPD cop who was working 9-11. I doubt he's the only one who was skeptical about it.)

T-Bird76
2011-05-02, 10:19 PM
By keeping the body around would have proved what? Don't you think our armed forces took the proper due diligence to ascertain without a shadow of a doubt this was Bin Laden? I think so... Propping the dead corpse up in Times Square would have been better? Who cares how they got rid of the body...that point is nil. If we threw him into the sea, cremated him or have his corpse in some super secret Gov't facility it truly doesn't matter.....he's dead.

Any discussion other then the fact that our armed forces proudly conducted a flawless text book mission to eradicate this planet of pure evil is a waste and has no place here...... :mad:

mirrodie
2011-05-02, 11:01 PM
Tom, Islamic scholars are already questioning it.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/05/02/islamic-scholars-question-bin-ladens-sea-burial-1416556677/

I don't question our tactics nor our tenacity. We get the job done. But the judgment used I can call to question. But its as I said to someone here who called my a birther (you tool), it truly is one of those damned if you do or dont scenarios.

T-Bird76
2011-05-02, 11:04 PM
Tom, Islamic scholars are already questioning it.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/05/02/islamic-scholars-question-bin-ladens-sea-burial-1416556677/

I don't question our tactics nor our tenacity. We get the job done. But the judgment used I can call to question. But its as I said to someone here who called my a birther (you tool), it truly is one of those damned if you do or dont scenarios.

Who called me a birther? I've never questioned the birth place of Obama......

NIKV69
2011-05-02, 11:06 PM
Phil, by ramifications, I mean look at JFK. How his death was handled was still spoken of years later.

Huge difference. The details on how JFK's body was handled in the two or three hours after his death bears many discrespencies from people who handled the body in TX and MD. They never knew each other and had motivation to lie so of course there will be unanswered questions. With OBL we don't have this.

Again, by ramifications, look at jsut what Obama had to do last week to shut people up. He had to show his birth certif. He had to show proof on something I never even questioned. But considering what oBama had just been through, I think he might have thought twice to keep the body a few days. I think the US gov tried to show how we respect other religions yet I think many are feeling snubbed by this.

Obama brought that on himself had he released the long form birth certificate when Hillary started the birther issue it would have been moot back then. I also don't get what you mean by snubbed? Who deserves the right to see the body of an enemy of state? I hope you are not implying we should have let the families from 9/11 see the body. Otherwise what does keeping the body for a few days accomplish except pissing off the radical Islamists more? We have pics. No need to keep the body. Better to observe Islamic tradition and keep the retaliation to a minimum if not at all.

(by the way, I first heard the sea burial thing from an NYPD cop who was working 9-11. I doubt he's the only one who was skeptical about it.)

Great so now we can all assume he is frozen with Walt Disney? Mario he is gone. We don't need any more Jesse Ventura witch hunts. It's bad enough the 9/11 and Area 51 crap persists we don't another.

mirrodie
2011-05-03, 12:06 PM
Otherwise what does keeping the body for a few days accomplish except pissing off the radical Islamists more? We have pics. No need to keep the body. Better to observe Islamic tradition and keep the retaliation to a minimum if not at all.

Oh I see what you're doing, Nick. You are sidestepping my point. The decision to dump is a damned if do, damned if don't. The burial is already being disputed by islamic clerics as to whether it was proper yet, and I agree, there may be no need to hold the body. But keeping it a day or two, or not, either way its a loser.

Tom, someone on this forum called me a birther. He's a Snap on.

NIKV69
2011-05-03, 12:20 PM
Tom, someone on this forum called me a birther. He's a Snap on.

Check that text again I called you a "truther" not birther mostly from this statement.

I am now hearing his body was dumped at sea? What, with Megatron?? In a world where photoshop reigns and tangible proof is necessary, I am now VERY skeptical.
This is not tin foil hat conspiracy but just basic sense. What is the story here?

Now this sure seems like you don't believe Osama was buried at sea as per our government's statement. The last line about not being a tin foil hat thing is just an attempt at deflection. You are basically saying that even photos are not proof enough since photoshop has become so advanced and I would infer that means you want a public viewing or something but all of this puts you on par with Jesse Ventura who is trying to supplment his income by doing this very "We need concrete proof other than photos or eyewitnessess because of government has lied to us in the past. Definition..Truther. Which makes someone a whole tool chest of snap ons.

mirrodie
2011-05-03, 01:13 PM
Truther, birther, same nonsense.

Nick, unlike you, I question everything. If that makes me a truther, then so be it.

Either way, if I'm a tool chest, then you're a tool production factory on any given day.

PhilDernerJr
2011-05-03, 01:24 PM
Let's not get too silly here guys. :-p

NIKV69
2011-05-03, 01:52 PM
I'm bringing in the cats!

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7915/catfoil.jpg

I question everything too Mario but to infer we needs to physically see a body to have closure is a bit of a stretch and just goes down the road Jesse wants us to go down everytime our government undertakes a huge operation.

lijk604
2011-05-03, 03:15 PM
....sitting back watching this all unfold with a bowl of popcorn.

NIKV69
2011-05-03, 04:04 PM
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3264/mwan.jpg

mirrodie
2011-05-03, 04:35 PM
How dare you use that cat.

I prefer Wunala Dreaming's kitty much better.

RomNYC
2011-05-03, 04:36 PM
That's mature...

Gerard
2011-05-03, 06:50 PM
That's mature...

If you are looking for maturity you are in the wrong forum...:tongue::tongue::tongue::eek:

NIKV69
2011-05-04, 01:24 PM
Pres. Obama decides not to release pictures of OBL corpse. Cue Jesse Ventura and new co-host Mario Craig! I got my tin foil hat on and will wear it through the weekend.

T-Bird76
2011-05-04, 04:05 PM
Pres. Obama decides not to release pictures of OBL corpse. Cue Jesse Ventura and new co-host Mario Craig! I got my tin foil hat on and will wear it through the weekend.

I think you and Mario should put a show together. First show could center on Mario questioning Nick's over use of the word EPIC!

moose135
2011-05-04, 04:25 PM
First show could center on Mario questioning Nick's over use of the word EPIC!
First show? You could do a mini-series on that...

But it would be EPIC to watch! :tongue:

NIKV69
2011-05-04, 04:29 PM
People are using the word epic more and more! It's catching on!

mirrodie
2011-05-04, 08:41 PM
I'll be here all week.

Gerard
2011-05-04, 09:22 PM
I'll be here all week.

2 drink minimum :eek: