PDA

View Full Version : Damage Report 4/16/11 JFK

NLovis
2011-04-18, 12:42 PM
Finally got out and did my damage report on the birds. That rj wasnt in as bad a shape as i thought.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/37/dpp0694.jpg

Derf
2011-04-18, 01:04 PM
You are not concerned putting pictures of a damaged plane from inside a hanger up on a public website with on ONGOING FEDERAL INVESTIGATION? :confused:

NLovis
2011-04-18, 01:08 PM
You are not concerned putting pictures of a damaged plane from inside a hanger up on a public website with on ONGOING FEDERAL INVESTIGATION? :confused:

Didnt think bout that....

Derf
2011-04-18, 02:02 PM
You need to reread my next statement over and over until it makes sense.

If you are very eager to post something to show us online, you probably should not be posting it at all.

You should be posting stuff from off airport property if you work at the airport. Posting these types of pictures is only ok after a few months of the investigation being completed. Stuff from your job or restricted areas such as this should only be posted only after you and any loved ones are no longer working for the company.

puckstopper55
2011-04-18, 02:19 PM
not sure why you guys keep bailing this guy out. Let him learn.

NLovis
2011-04-18, 02:32 PM
You need to reread my next statement over and over until it makes sense.

If you are very eager to post something to show us online, you probably should not be posting it at all.

You should be posting stuff from off airport property if you work at the airport. Posting these types of pictures is only ok after a few months of the investigation being completed. Stuff from your job or restricted areas such as this should only be posted only after you and any loved ones are no longer working for the company.

Ill keep this in mind........

moose135
2011-04-18, 02:51 PM
Damn yard work...I missed the photos! :biggrin:

NIKV69
2011-04-18, 02:58 PM
LOL. This just gets more and more laughable and it's not really just Nick alone but people rush to post pics without thinking about anything but themselves getting the credit for getting the photo-op and feel it's their right to be able to photograph anything they want at any time and to make it worse post it in a public forum. I agree with puckstopper and in fact things have happened that are already consequences of this selfish and inconsiderate behavior.

RomNYC
2011-04-18, 03:01 PM
A friend of mine working for EasyJet in Europe posted much, MUCH, less sensitive info on his facebook, and got a warning e-mail right away... Careful.

NLovis
2011-04-18, 03:26 PM
LOL. This just gets more and more laughable and it's not really just Nick alone but people rush to post pics without thinking about anything but themselves getting the credit for getting the photo-op and feel it's their right to be able to photograph anythiing they want at any time and to make it worse post it in a public forum. I agree with puckstopper and in fact things have happened that are already consequences of this selfish and inconsiderate behavior.
I already feel bad enough for not thinking about it. I dont need riddacule as well :mad:

NoGreenBox
2011-04-18, 03:31 PM
I have a very similar issue in my line of work as well. In the emergency services field, we have had people disciplined (up to and including termination) as a result of things that were posted on facebook, youtube, etc. As with everything else, its a question of balance and common sense. And, when you have any doubts, don't post it-- whether its information or photos or whatever. I would also like to thank the poster for trying-- his hearts obviously in the right place, I have been a little over eager at times too.. but you dont want to go overboard, especially when your job could be involved.

Have a great day everyone..

PhilDernerJr
2011-04-18, 03:56 PM
I'd like to add that this is not just NLovis' problem. When something inappropriate or sensitive is posted, that means I run the risk of receiving phone calls or emails or even knocks on my door as a result. That's not something that we need.

I never make such public, but it should be known that this type of occurrence, when common, will result in a ban. In this case, no more warnings will be given.

NIKV69
2011-04-18, 04:00 PM
I already feel bad enough for not thinking about it. I dont need riddacule as well :mad:

Not nearly as mad as people that get effected by your actions Nick. We have tried probably over 10 times to give you advice on your behavior that not only immediately puts you in danger with your job but effects many other people that participate in spotting and photography. So spare us your frustration and please start using some common sense before you do these things. A great rule of thumb is if you feel something is a little sensitive use Private message and not public forum and ask someone. I would have thought Phil would get you on the phone or have a face to face at JFK to try to give you some sense of what you have been doing and some good advice for the future but in abscence of that you will get attacked in the forum. So please stop it already. I for one am getting sick of seeing this BS.

ANITIX87
2011-04-18, 04:02 PM
not sure why you guys keep bailing this guy out. Let him learn.
Yes, Nick should probably know better having been in the field for a while. But "let him learn"? Really?

You'd rather see a fellow spotter get in possibly serious trouble with his job and maybe the law, potentially jeopardizing his career, than seeing someone offer a friendly reminder and helping him out? Talk about ruthless. Jeez.

TIS

PhilDernerJr
2011-04-18, 04:08 PM
Keep in mind this has happened at least 6 times already, with very clear warnings/concern from myself and fellow members.

ANITIX87
2011-04-18, 04:12 PM
Keep in mind this has happened at least 6 times already, with very clear warnings/concern from myself and fellow members.
I understand that. Internal consequences (within the website itself) are understandable and logical. Necessary, even.

But for someone to ask that we let Nick hang out to dry is a bit extreme, I think.

TIS

hiss srq
2011-04-18, 04:41 PM
It's never a good idea to go into a hanger to aquire pictures that arent related to an event. I took some investigative pictures for a ground collision a few years ago at LGA and only a few months ago they allowed me to release them.

NIKV69
2011-04-18, 05:07 PM
Yes, Nick should probably know better having been in the field for a while. But "let him learn"? Really?

You'd rather see a fellow spotter get in possibly serious trouble with his job and maybe the law, potentially jeopardizing his career, than seeing someone offer a friendly reminder and helping him out? Talk about ruthless. Jeez.

TIS

Friendly reminder is not singular in this case. It's plural and Phil's 6 times is low end when you consider how many times Fred has tried to help him. I wish nobody losing their job but when somebody just time after time uses the poorest judgement possible what else can you do? Permaban from this forum? Only alternative I can see.

threeholerglory
2011-04-18, 06:37 PM
As a pilot, stupidity results in death.

In Nick's case, stupidity results in a lesson learned among other consequences not resulting in death.

Let...him...learn. The hard way. Not unlike Nick V, I've lost my tolerance as well.

wunaladreamin
2011-04-18, 06:51 PM
I've tried with him as well to only have advice fall on deaf ears. As they say, you can lead a horse to water...

Steven Holzinger
2011-04-18, 09:12 PM
I'm going to chime in here, if you don't mind...

Five years ago I posted some photos of people on another forum that have gotten me in a TON of hot water, lost a lot of valuable connections, and damn well near tarnished my reputation. I don't know why I posted those in the first place, and I fully regret doing so. Luckily for me, the people whose connections I basically lost from my actions have forgiven me for that little incident and absolutely love me to death with the work that I do.

Like I said, it was very stupid on my part and I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Nick, these photos are a great way for you to get fired. If you value your job, your income, and most importantly, your career, you will take everyone's advice and cease posting photos and other information you've shared with everyone.

Shamu737
2011-04-18, 09:14 PM
I have a question.. what is wrong with what he did? I don't understand is it because he took a picture of a plane that was in an accident? Is that why it's wrong?

Derf
2011-04-18, 09:24 PM
He posted images of a plane in repair inside the hangar...Close ups of damage, I would be worried about an outside shot but inside is way off limits for a public forum where an investigation is ongoing. Outside is OK if you do not work at the airport....not the case here. I would remove all images. Play it safe when it comes to your job.

The easiest thing for us to do is watch with some popcorn, all the great pics and you get your unemployment check. We are doing this because we CARE about you and do not want to see you loose your job. You are going to need to get over the feeling that everyone is out to give you a hard time, we are trying to keep that from happening. Do yourself a favor, do not post one picture inside the fence from this point on. John Moose had access like you did but would never post anything from inside the fence line when he worked at JFK (if the internet existed at that time). Later down the road his shots are GOLDEN..... I fear that this stuff WILL surface as there are websites archive old data from forums and a refined search may bring up one of your deleted posts.... This is a big deal. Knock it off and remember....we are trying to beat some sense into you. It would be more fun to watch you get fired.... NOBODY WANTS THAT THO!

A SLIP OF THE LIP will sink YOUR SHIP! You have a nice ride... I wish I had your ride! Stop screwing around!!!!

NIKV69
2011-04-18, 11:19 PM
I mean really, it is that hard to think before you post? Think what did I take a pic of? Where did I take it? Who do I work for and where? Not to mention he has a ton of resources at the click of a mouse he can use in private if he has a question. Sorry but I feel zero tolerance has to be in effect here. One more and your gone. Period. Also to the mods here if you see content that can be a potential problem err on the side of caution and kill it. I think we all would be better off. Like Fred said, better safe than sorry and the thread can always be reposted but of the wrong eyes sees somethiing sensitive the damage is 10 fold.

jerslice
2011-04-19, 12:47 AM
Guys, we've told him over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. What makes us all think telling him again to use his brain is going to change anything now?

PhilDernerJr
2011-04-19, 12:48 AM
The photo was removed from the post before I could see it. Only reason I'm not taking action.

puckstopper55
2011-04-19, 09:51 AM
I dont know why me saying "let him learn" turned into me being a harsh or bad guy. For a situation like this, after numerous warnings and attempts to try and talk sense into him, I feel that we have done all we can do.

Its almost like a child who is just tall enough to reach up and touch the stove. We tell them 100 times that its hot and will hurt and we do all we can to keep them from touching it, but they all have to learn for themselves and touch the stove. Guess how many touch the stove again?

Derf
2011-04-19, 10:07 AM
I'm not saying your wrong...I am just thick

NIKV69
2011-04-19, 10:20 AM
Guys, we've told him over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. What makes us all think telling him again to use his brain is going to change anything now?

The definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Derf
2011-04-19, 10:41 AM
I would like to meet the person who thinks I am not insane....

threeholerglory
2011-04-19, 12:37 PM
perhaps this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbR-yW8Pf0

seahawks7757
2011-04-19, 05:22 PM
The definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Wait wait is this possible, Jeremy and Nick agreeing on something :eek::tongue: lol

NIKV69
2011-04-19, 10:38 PM
Wait wait is this possible, Jeremy and Nick agreeing on something :eek::tongue: lol

I loved your use of the word "over and over and over" Made for a good post and was spot on to the topic.

Steven Holzinger
2011-04-19, 10:46 PM

Fred you're the one who never sleeps! Let's just leave it at that... :biggrin:

mirrodie
2011-04-19, 11:06 PM
No joke, Fred. 2 kids and I dont know how you have the time to do the things you do!

As far as NLovis, well, I won't berate you any further than everyone else has. But if you do indeed lose your job, there is always hope!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/2011/04/04/mcdonalds-looks-hire-50000-workers-april-1/

seahawks7757
2011-04-19, 11:37 PM
I loved your use of the word "over and over and over" Made for a good post and was spot on to the topic.

You mean his :wink:

NLovis
2011-04-20, 12:15 AM
No joke, Fred. 2 kids and I dont know how you have the time to do the things you do!

As far as NLovis, well, I won't berate you any further than everyone else has. But if you do indeed lose your job, there is always hope!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/2011/04/04/mcdonalds-looks-hire-50000-workers-april-1/

Im pretty used to it. Things havent changed since grade school.

NIKV69
2011-04-20, 07:34 AM

Nick stop playing the victim and just use some common sense. It's all we are asking. You want to lose your job that is fine but we don't anyone at JFK getting pissed at someone with a camera or posting them when they shouldn't.

cancidas
2011-04-20, 10:09 AM

then maybe it's about time you learned the lesson we've been trying to teach.

wunaladreamin
2011-04-20, 03:49 PM
It doesn't matter Fred. Everyone who knows you're insane will also say that you're with them and it's ok lol.

NLovis
2011-04-21, 04:01 PM
Nick stop playing the victim and just use some common sense. It's all we are asking. You want to lose your job that is fine but we don't anyone at JFK getting pissed at someone with a camera or posting them when they shouldn't.

Yea thats the issue..... I tend to jump the gun before my common sense kicks in......