PDA

View Full Version : DCA - 04/15/2011

Zee71
2011-04-15, 10:14 PM
While waiting for my flight I was able to get a few shots off. Unfortnately it seems like airports never clean the glass in the terminals. Sorry for the poor quality and the heat waves.

A pleasant surprise (I saw this come in but didn't have my camera out)
http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com/Aviation/Airplanes-and-Spotting/Ronald-Reagan-Washington/i-rhDDjmB/0/L/airtran_01_dca_15apr2011_01-L.jpg

Just as I was putting my camera away this guy popped up
http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com/Aviation/Airplanes-and-Spotting/Ronald-Reagan-Washington/i-xq5rhVK/0/L/usairways_01_dca_15apr2011_taxi-L.jpg

Coast Guard
http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com/Aviation/Airplanes-and-Spotting/Ronald-Reagan-Washington/i-RsvRczL/0/L/coastguard_01_dca_15apr2011_taxi-L.jpg

N22889
http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com/Aviation/Airplanes-and-Spotting/Ronald-Reagan-Washington/i-GqFRpCb/0/L/n22889_01_dca_15apr2011_taxi-L.jpg

gonzalu
2011-04-15, 10:34 PM
Oh I can't wait for Gravely Point again! Mark, nice set, and catching the specials. They seem to be caught easily by all who travel... except me! lol. Eric with F1 at ORD, Kaz with Falcons at LGA, you with... never mind LOL

Are you and Kaz gonna make it to JSOH at Andrews? I am going and Chris P is there too... I can only go on Saturday however...

Roush6NY
2011-04-15, 10:55 PM
Great stuff Mark ! Today was airTran day or something .... lol

Manny, that would have been perfect for me that you are only going Saturday since I could not do the Friday, BUT of course my "luck" my 1st year anniversary with my wife is the 23rd so that weekend is pretty much a no go for me :(

NLovis
2011-04-16, 02:38 AM
Oh I can't wait for Gravely Point again! Mark, nice set, and catching the specials. They seem to be caught easily by all who travel... except me! lol. Eric with F1 at ORD, Kaz with Falcons at LGA, you with... never mind LOL

Are you and Kaz gonna make it to JSOH at Andrews? I am going and Chris P is there too... I can only go on Saturday however...

You forget what I think was Texas One at TPA. Whichever the SWA bald eagle one is. Cant remember off hand. And yes they dont seem to clean windows at airports. But at one point I had windows so clean I was fighting glare from INSIDE the terminal :eek: And I swear the AA One World is stalking me. Its at the AA hanger at JFK and I just got back from ORD getting it.

NWA DC9
2011-04-16, 05:24 AM
Nice pictures my Dad has flown Orlando Magic many times before.

steve1840
2011-04-16, 09:38 AM
You forget what I think was Texas One at TPA. Whichever the SWA bald eagle one is. Cant remember off hand. And yes they dont seem to clean windows at airports. But at one point I had windows so clean I was fighting glare from INSIDE the terminal :eek: And I swear the AA One World is stalking me. Its at the AA hanger at JFK and I just got back from ORD getting it.

The Bald Eagle is Illinois One

steve1840
2011-04-16, 09:39 AM

Manny, when is JSOH? I may be able to do a Saturday only trip :)

gonzalu
2011-04-16, 02:14 PM
Great stuff Mark ! Today was airTran day or something .... lol

Manny, that would have been perfect for me that you are only going Saturday since I could not do the Friday, BUT of course my "luck" my 1st year anniversary with my wife is the 23rd so that weekend is pretty much a no go for me :(

WORK IT OUT dude, that's what I did. Tell "her" that you will spend a beautiful Sunday in Washington DC and you just would love to visit the show on Saturday. You can have Saturday night in DC and then all of Sunday. I am sure you can manage to take her somewhere special in DC... Anyway, that's what I am doing, takign wife and kid and spending Sunday with them in exchange for Saturday in Camp Springs MD :tongue:

gonzalu
2011-04-16, 02:15 PM
Manny, when is JSOH? I may be able to do a Saturday only trip :)

Steve, May 20th to the 22nd

eric8669
2011-04-16, 02:22 PM
I'll try to come down too.

gonzalu
2011-04-16, 03:23 PM
Nice... I think I will buy a NYCA T-shirt to show off the group !! lol

steve1840
2011-04-16, 06:12 PM
Nice... I think I will buy a NYCA T-shirt to show off the group !! lol

Mine is on its way here for me to represent us when I'm in Nashville on May 8th for the Great TN Airshow!

Zee71
2011-04-16, 06:30 PM
Mine should be in a snail mail as well. Looking forward to breaking it out!!!

threeholerglory
2011-04-18, 01:42 PM
nice shots Mark, I had gotten a shot of N22889 at CDW a couple years ago while I was working...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3605/3348133338_d2dab51de0_o.jpg

Iberia A340-600
2011-04-18, 01:51 PM
Nice shots, Mark. I had been contemplating going out to Gravely Point all year and finally decided to take advantage of the nice weather and took the metro out there yesterday. Unfortunately the clouds rolled in within minutes of getting there but it was still an enjoyable experience! It was really crowded.

Zee71
2011-04-20, 12:38 PM
I've never had the opportunity to make it out to Gravely Point. I'm hoping one of these days to make it there to enjoy the surroundings and of course the spotting!!!

steve1840
2011-04-20, 12:46 PM
I've been there once, while I was waiting for my girlfriend at the time to fly into DCA. I got there late in the afternoon, and only had about an hour of light left. They were using 1 instead of 19 so the planes were taking off over me. It would have been better if they were landing over me instead.