PDA

View Full Version : My photo being used on another site

Roush6NY
2011-04-14, 11:00 AM
Well since I am still new to this, figured I would get your thoughts.

I have pretty much all my photos on my flickr account, all my recent shots have been water marked with my name but some of the old ones that are on there, I have not had the chance to change them.

I get a good amount of hits daily on my photos and it actually shows you the percentage of where all the clicks were from, besides flickr it self I get google search , aol .. ect ..

Now I came across this one photo on a site which was NOT a search engine but it was used in a thread in a forum ( by a link to my pic )

I'm not pissed, just want to know for my own knowledge, is this allowed to link someones photo to your site without permission or giving credit?

Anyway, thanks for your help !

Here is the link, its the 1st Virgin 747

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=334567&page=8

gonzalu
2011-04-14, 11:13 AM
Kaz,

It's tough to say... if it were me, I'd ask them to credit my photo properly (which is not) and either comply quickly or remove it... You can prevent HOT LINKING to your photos from within Flickr and if you care enough, you should disable that feature.

Finally, do make sure you watermark ALL your photos. Go back t othat one and RE-UPLOAD it to the same location (replace) with one with a watermark.

It is hard to prevent use of your images on the web for editorial purposes, news, etc. But you should fight like a dog if they are being used for anythign further and especially if someone is making money off them.

Roush6NY
2011-04-14, 11:21 AM
Ya, have to watermark the rest tonight for sure when I have time.

Thanks as always Manny !