PDA

View Full Version : Would you ?

Roush6NY
2011-04-13, 05:40 PM
Me personally, my biggest fear in life is heights ..

This is something else !

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/tower.html

Derf
2011-04-13, 05:45 PM
I am soo into doing that!!!!!

I would pay money for that! That looks awesome.

hiss srq
2011-04-13, 06:53 PM
Before reading this thread I feared the website might have spiraled into a mix of Craigslist fetish add and forum combined....

Than, I saw the video and realized it was much much more s ickening......... I got queazy watching that. I used to climb poles but nothing like that.... And I though the 80 foot poles along Hempstead Turnpike were bad!

Gerard
2011-04-13, 07:16 PM
OMG my "boys" were tingling that whole video. :eek:

gonzalu
2011-04-13, 07:19 PM
Piece of cake... LOL. I LOOOOOVE heights.... this would be a THRILL to do! I once had the privilege of going to the edge of WTC Tower 1 's edge on my belly and looked over the edge from the window washing rig... super cool. My great freind (late friend now) ran the PIX Channel 11 transmitter at the center and lost his life on 9/11 while keeping the station on the air... anyway, other story, back to climbing... I am SO THERE!

Gerard
2011-04-13, 07:32 PM
Me personally, my biggest fear in life is heights .. "] ("http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/tower.html[/url)

Isnt this ironic? I have a fear of heights also. But yet we love things that fly and go up high in the sky? :confused:
As long as something is between me and the open world when I am up high I am cool. Preferably a wall with a window LOL!! On a roof with just a fence, uh no.
On top of a mountain with just a ledge?? :eek::eek::eek:

wunaladreamin
2011-04-13, 09:42 PM
...I used to climb poles but nothing like that....
I knew there was something about you I was missing.

RomNYC
2011-04-13, 10:53 PM
Considering that my mouth is dry, my hands are moist and I was TOTALLY uncomfortable for 7 minutes watching this... ummm, that would be a no :)

Awesome video though!

I can go on top of the Willis Tower or fly without a problem, but just climbing a ladder is too much for me. Can you tell I'm plain acrophobic? ;)

Spunker
2011-04-14, 09:05 AM
I have a fear of heights except in a plane, go figure. Not for all the money in the world would I do this.

gonzalu
2011-04-14, 09:12 AM
Gene, how about this... if you climb it, you get to take over the controls of a new 747-8I for an hour :tongue:

steve1840
2011-04-14, 09:26 AM
Wow!! Awesome video clip, but never in a million years would I do that. Stomach was in knots just watching it.

No fear of heights, justs fear of falling 1700 feet to death if my foot slipped.

RomNYC
2011-04-14, 09:59 AM
Gene, how about this... if you climb it, you get to take over the controls of a new 747-8I for an hour :tongue:

Not even if Travolta was serving drinks in the back.

Roush6NY
2011-04-14, 11:29 AM
I don't think anything would make me wanna do this !!! 5 stories up on a balcony I can barely look down ... This, just the thought gives me anxiety!

moose135
2011-04-14, 11:51 AM
No fear of heights, justs fear of falling 1700 feet to death if my foot slipped.
Mostly, it's the sudden stop at the end that scares me, so thanks, but no thanks on this one!

gonzalu
2011-04-14, 12:40 PM
Wow!! Awesome video clip, but never in a million years would I do that. Stomach was in knots just watching it.

Believe me they are harnessed... and are tethered... However, the guy on top does not seem to have the tether "connected" all the time. There are moments when he disconnects and climbs without it going back on the tower!! lol. [THAT] is dumb... but then again, maybe a thrill for him.

NIKV69
2011-04-14, 12:42 PM
Sick! I would love to see a video of that in 30 MPH winds. I have been to the top of the Statosphere and that is 500 feet shorter! I have seen people do Big shot and sky jump. Off the hook!

JHNA57
2011-04-14, 12:46 PM
I give that a PUCKER FACTOR of 10++

steve1840
2011-04-14, 12:49 PM
Sick! I would love to see a video of that in 30 MPH winds. I have been to the top of the Statosphere and that is 500 feet shorter! I have seen people do Big shot and sky jump. Off the hook!

THe only thing I did on top of the Stratosphere was the roller coaster. Sat in the outboard seat. That was cool! I'm doing the Big Shot next time!

megatop412
2011-04-14, 02:59 PM
It's always easier for me to climb UP but coming back down when I can't see behind and below me to the ladder- fuhgettaboutit

Went up on my Mom's roof in Lawrence last summer to hammer a gutter nail back into place, could not for the life of me get back down. There I was, on my belly trying to slide over the edge inch by inch, trying desperately to feel for the ladder rung with my foot, with my mother screaming "William do you want me ta call the fiah depahtment? Hang on, lemme call the fiah depahtment" and me screaming back to her with my face beet red "Don't you call them, dammit! They got better things to do than to save my sorry ass!"

So no, I would never, ever even go near this thing. Let somebody else change the damn lightbulb.

RomNYC
2011-04-14, 03:53 PM
Believe me they are harnessed... and are tethered... However, the guy on top does not seem to have the tether "connected" all the time. There are moments when he disconnects and climbs without it going back on the tower!! lol. [THAT] is dumb... but then again, maybe a thrill for him.

Well that's his job! And who knows if his management is giving him a choice (they explain how the rope slows them down... I dunno, just a thought). Gotta have respect for those guys.

threeholerglory
2011-04-14, 10:32 PM
Before reading this thread I feared the website might have spiraled into a mix of Craigslist fetish add and forum combined....

Than, I saw the video and realized it was much much more s ickening......... I got queazy watching that. I used to climb poles but nothing like that.... And I though the 80 foot poles along Hempstead Turnpike were bad!

we all know the only poles you climb.

Derf
2011-04-14, 11:01 PM
When I worked on the 14th floor in NYC I would have to check the AC on the roof for my server room. The edge of the roof had a 1 foot ledge.... like of like a way to trip off the side of the building. I at first would have to creep up to the edge and could not look over the edge of the building. After a week I would walk up to the edge and lean over and look down the side of the building. It was scary as %#@# but I did it. I have no problem climbing up a and down but looking over that ledge was WILD. If I were the person at the to, I would probably secure myself at the top and lean out an in the harness .... THAT WOULD BE SCARY A %#@# but I would do it and always remember that moment. No issue at all climbing up....you not looking down. Climbing down you want to only pay attention to the next foot placement and not pay attention to the bigger picture. One step at a time. I would not fall off a 5 foot ladder, the only difference is in your brain when you look down and want to suck your thumb and cry for mommy.

I would miss airshow to get to do that! That would be awsome!!! Give me a parashoot and I would dive off in less than my fast as hell heartbeat.

If someone asked me to go skydiving and they were picking up the tab... You would not believe how fast I would be there. Live Once, Minimize risks but remember to live. Living in fear is not living.

lijk604
2011-04-15, 11:56 AM
Pass! Was getting dizzy just watching it.

megatop412
2011-04-16, 08:44 AM
So for everyone wondering what it's like to fall from an antenna of that height:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8zQUJUbxQs

One of my all-time fav youtube vids

mirrodie
2011-04-18, 12:08 AM
I would do it.. Its fun and u only live once.

Id prefer to BASe jump off of it afterwards though!