PDA

View Full Version : Important Safety Tip

moose135
2011-04-06, 11:24 PM
This afternoon, I was out at Bayswater to catch the AF1 arrival, along with a few fishermen and a resident of the local neighborhood. After the plane came in, I headed back to the car and drove away. A couple of minutes later, my cell phone rings. The guy on the phone says "Hi, I think you were at the park with me watching Air Force 1 come in. I found some of your memory cards..." I had recently picked up a new case for my CF cards, so I didn't end up with them stuck in pockets, floating loose my camera bag, the cup holder of the car, etc. I stuck it in my coat pocket when I went into Bayswater, and apparently I dropped it on the way out. The neighborhood guy found it, and I had my name and cell number written on the back of the cards so he was able to get in touch with me. I turned right around and met him at his house where he was waiting with the card case.

Make sure you mark your cards - I would have been out 3 4GB cards and a case if not for having them identified, and the kindness of a complete stranger!

RomNYC
2011-04-07, 01:58 AM
That's very nice of him, and smart of you, Moose.