PDA

View Full Version : Odd 727 at LGA

PhilDernerJr
2011-03-07, 02:38 PM
A strange 727 landed at LGA just now. It's all white, registered "M-ETIS", and the registration is very hidden underneath the engines, unseen from most angles.

It's owned by "Azer Management", a company with no website, but based in the US, with an Italian registration. Hmmmmm

No how long until I vanish from the Earth?

BRB, knock at my door. haha

hiss srq
2011-03-07, 03:45 PM
Interesting.... I usually stay pretty on top of the 727's and Fokker jets... Never came across this one before.... Probably just another billionaires sky yatch... Nice bird though... Valsan and QW conversion.....

AirtrafficController
2011-03-07, 04:32 PM
She just took off runway 4 heading towards KEGE.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/METIS

lijk604
2011-03-07, 06:23 PM
Phil, nice catch....actually this is not an Italian registry, it's registry is for The Isle of Man. Rare catch indeed.

LGA777
2011-03-07, 11:51 PM
Was at LGA once over the summer, forgot where it came from but departed all the way to West Hampton's LI (KFOK), then on to KEGE again. Strangely it was out their the same day Biden was their with his USAF C-32 !

Mateo
2011-03-08, 01:16 AM
Not every day you see a half French Canadian, half-Indian 727. It's the ex-721MF, which was around a bit.

drewids
2011-03-15, 02:02 AM
Been following this since someone tweeted about it. It's registered on the Isle of Man to a dummy corp "Azer Management Limited" in the British Virgin Islands (so no hope of figuring out whose it is that way) (not to be confused with a guy who owns a gas station in California under the name "Azer Management"). There are 2 other Manx planes registered to different dummy corps at the same BVI P.O. Box (M-ONEM and M-AJDM), but I don't think they're related.

Flightaware had a discussion on it (http://discussions.flightaware.com/viewtopic.php?p=116503) where they decided it was probably a musician's, maybe one of the Bee Gees (I don't think so, official appearance dates don't match up). I think we can all agree, though, that it likes to spend time at KEGE.

This is just to much of a mystery for me to forget about :/ . It's...it's just such a damn good looking plane...

PhilDernerJr
2011-03-15, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the site! Excellent first post. Quite the mystery, but why would a musician from previous decades be so secretive?