PDA

View Full Version : FRG in movie SALT?

mirrodie
2011-03-03, 09:56 PM
So Highheels and I watched that Angelina Jolie flick, Salt, the other night.

(It was OK....a rental if you really have nothing else to watch.)

I would have sworn there was a scene with a Piaggo Avanti taking off at FRG.

While I was thinking it, was was even MORE impressive was that....that's what she said! Wifey saw the Old Tower and Sheltair and placed the scene at FRG.

I searched this site but didnt see it. Was the scene in fact, FRG?

Ah, guess it was.
http://www.republicairport.net/filming-at-republic.htm

Derf
2011-03-03, 10:34 PM
Yep, they did a few scenes there. There are Many TV shows and movies filmed there. One is in the works and will be filming in the next few weeks. Sorry but I can not give any details but there was also one a few months ago that was an HBO movie on the collapse of the financial system. More to follow

TheAviator
2011-03-03, 11:00 PM
I heard something about the Eastern Airlines DC-7B (N836D) coming into FRG next week and being there for a few days for a movie, does anyone know if that is true?

PhantomII
2011-03-03, 11:08 PM
I heard something about the Eastern Airlines DC-7B (N836D) coming into FRG next week and being there for a few days for a movie, does anyone know if that is true?
You never know what it might be, but whatever it is, it will certainly be worth watching for...

Derf
2011-03-03, 11:14 PM
I can not confirm or deny any big budget filming at KFRG until after it is done so I would need to stay clear of these topics.... But if there is an aircraft inbound, I would know about it and have a plan.