PDA

View Full Version : JFK This Sunday (2/20)

ANITIX87
2011-02-16, 03:34 PM
Hi, all.

I've never been able to get HoBe shots. Every time I head out there, they change runways just as I arrive, or law enforcement gives me a hard time.

I'm going to try my luck again on Sunday if they're on 31L. I'll be arriving at HoBe around 8:30AM. If they're on the 4s, I'll head to North Woodmere Park for departures. If they're on the 22s, I'll try Bayswater and if that's closed, I'll go to Woodmere for arrivals.

Look forward to seeing some people out and about!

TIS

steve1840
2011-02-16, 03:39 PM
Good luck Tis. I know last weekend (at least on saturday) Bayswater was closed and they had some construction equipment inside the gate.

gonzalu
2011-02-16, 04:06 PM
Well, all I can say is the weather was poor all weekend last week and now this week, while I am stuck at work, perfectly blue skies!! :-(

steve1840
2011-02-16, 04:17 PM
I hear ya Manny! I've been looking outside my office all week asking myself why it couldn't have been like this last Saturday!

gonzalu
2011-02-16, 04:53 PM
IT KILLS ME!!!! All I want to do is go spotting... my mind does not see blue skies, it sees nice light on an Airbus or Boeing LOL

Roush6NY
2011-02-16, 04:59 PM
Well, all I can say is the weather was poor all weekend last week and now this week, while I am stuck at work, perfectly blue skies!! :-(

Man, I'm with you, stuck here at the office and all I can do is look in my camera system and watch the blue skies :mad: Looks like the blue skies are not my friend what so ever these days, I'm driving to Toronto tonight and looked at the forecast for the upcoming days and I might get lucky only 1 day to do some spotting there ( which I'm itching to ) but still a 50/50 ... Grrrrrr ... I shall see !

gonzalu
2011-02-16, 05:22 PM
This is why California and Las Vegas and Miami/Fort Lauderdale are great for spotting... likely 90% of the year they can get reasonable to great weather... we get maybe 50% of the year.

ANITIX87
2011-02-16, 05:50 PM
Good luck Tis. I know last weekend (at least on saturday) Bayswater was closed and they had some construction equipment inside the gate.
Interesting. Hopefully all will be well on Sunday.

It's driving me crazy. The last two days have been phenomenal.

Man, I'm with you, stuck here at the office and all I can do is look in my camera system and watch the blue skies
And that's why I never bring my gear to work. I would leave every day to go out and shoot somewhere.

Any of you planning to come out on Sunday?

TIS

megatop412
2011-02-16, 06:05 PM
Last I checked we had sun lined up for the week and then clouds for the weekend(again). At least here in Philly.

That's OK, as long as the weekend after this one (and the Monday attached to it) when I come up there are at worst partly cloudy. You all know what the 28th is supposed to bring.

Roush6NY
2011-02-16, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by ANITIX87
And that's why I never bring my gear to work. I would leave every day to go out and shoot somewhere.

TIS .. I didn't mean my camera gear .. I'm at my desk at work and I have the security monitor next to me that has 2 cameras for outside ! LOL ....

ANITIX87
2011-02-19, 08:32 PM
Forecast looks OK. Will be arriving at JFK around 8:30. Heading to HoBe first, and hoping they stay on the 31s again tomorrow like they did all day today.

Looking forward to meeting some people. I'll only be out until about 10AM, as I have other photography-related plans in the city (spotting is like an appetizer tomorrow!).

TIS

NLovis
2011-02-20, 09:04 PM
Nope. Stuck at work till tomorrow morning. Camera keeps blurring my night shots as of late. Am not happy. :mad:

gonzalu
2011-02-20, 09:11 PM
Nick, is not the camera :tongue: it's the fact that you are not holding steady and slow shutters don;t mix well. Take my advice and buy the cheap window mount. Or at the very least learn to sandwich the camera and lens between the window and the frame of the van... anything to hold it steady but you must NOT hand hold below 1/250th sec. at 100mm fl or longer.