PDA

View Full Version : Which website has all daily arrivals?

Speedbird1
2011-02-06, 06:25 AM
As I am a spotter for over 30 years, I find a site listing all the arrivals for the day extremely helpful. I used to use Flytecomm.com for such a purpose but now it seems they changed their site. They only list 1 particular flight rather than showing the entire days' arrivals. For instance, if I try LGA, no longer can I see all the arrivals for the day. I can only access a particular flight requiring the airline as well as the flight number and city of origin. Is there an alternate to Flytecomm, which lists all the days arrivals and departures? They even included cargo flights. Thanks

hiss srq
2011-02-06, 08:55 AM
(descends from space) Flightaware.com

steve1840
2011-02-06, 09:19 AM
http://www.flightstats.com

adscram14
2011-02-06, 10:10 AM
FlightAware is the better one in my opinion. If you're in Europe, www.casperflights.com is really cool.

moose135
2011-02-06, 10:15 AM
Flytecomm.com still works, although they did change the output. From the main page, select the "Track A Flight" button on the left side. On the tracker page, only select the arrival airport from the drop-down menu and press GO - don't fill in flight information or departure airport - if I remember, you could always work it like that. It now takes you to a new page, at "Helloflight.com" which is "Powered by Flytecomm" It's an ugly page, set up to look like the old terminal flight boards, but it gives a list of arrivals at your selected airport, and a separate list of departures from that same airport. I tried it for JFK and LGA, and both seemed to work.

Spunker
2011-02-06, 11:36 AM
Flightaware is very good but can be dodgy at times. Thatnks for the tip on casperflights nice site

Speedbird1
2011-02-08, 06:43 AM
I've already been using flightaware for searching specific flights. Can it also show a complete list of an airport's arrivals/departures in alphabetical order like flytecomm used to do?

Speedbird1
2011-02-08, 07:10 AM
I already tried Helloflight. While it's true they have a short arrival lists, the list shown are current flight, either enroute or about to depart for NYC. I need a complete list of arrivals for the day like Flytecomm used to have so I would know, for example, the origin of a Spirit Air flight I see later in the day. I have asked Flytecomm for assistance, but got no response. Why they removed their Classic View, we'll never know but it was very helpful to enthusiasts like us.

Speedbird1
2011-02-08, 07:18 AM
Flightaware is very useful when searching for specific flights when the flight number is known. I need a generated list of expected flights to arrive in the afternoon every morning so I can plan my spotting. Flightaware and helloflight both only show current flights and never include flights more than 3 or 4 hours in advance. Flytecomm used to have such a list but it was removed. Maybe a paid subscription is required for such a service.

Speedbird1
2011-02-11, 07:28 AM
Finally successful. Last week, when attempting to see a complete alphabetical list of all daily arrivals, I could only find an abbreviated list at helloflight.com which only indicated current arrivals/departures. Somebody took pity on me and now helloflight.com displays that elusive list which is so crucial to us spotters. Nice job! Thanks.