PDA

View Full Version : Mass Destruction of Canon Cameras

Gerard
2011-01-19, 08:07 PM
http://paradoxoff.com/mass-destruction-of-the-canon-cameras.html

gonzalu
2011-01-19, 08:15 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Even a Nikon owner can feel the pain!!

megatop412
2011-01-19, 09:10 PM
"All that whitey L lenses that are so good and so expensive, they are all killed"

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa, what?!?!?!

JDANDO
2011-01-19, 09:38 PM
Oh the humanity!!!!!

NIKV69
2011-01-20, 11:07 PM
I may be nuts but wouldn't it make more sense to sell each piece for next to nothing and make the sale buyer beware and final and let the consumer try to fix it? Seems like they would make a hell of a lot more money.

Derf
2011-01-21, 01:16 AM
I may be nuts but wouldn't it make more sense to sell each piece for next to nothing and make the sale buyer beware and final and let the consumer try to fix it? Seems like they would make a hell of a lot more money.

The problem with that is when someone buy's it at a highly discounted price and then fixes it and sells it, it may not be up to par and the new owner many not be happy with canon because it was not fixed properly. It was probably insured, with no loss it is probably best to destroy....but it is heartbreaking! If it could be repaired I am sure they would have fixed. If it was not insured I am sure they would have given them to employees or done something with it like sold it cheap for movie props or something. There had to be a reason to destroy it as there are people who would care more about these cameras than most of us.... Like Canon!

T-Bird76
2011-01-21, 10:57 AM
I'm sorry but this is a waste...total waste. I agree 100% with Nick on this. Plus I'd like them to define damage. I'd wager to say that some of the damage is so minimal these items could easily be sold. Truly a waste and Canon should be ashamed....

Bellucciman
2011-01-22, 07:05 PM
I saw the same thing back in 06 when Konica Minolta closed. They destroyed all the cameras & binoculars & film scanners & accessories in the warehouse one day. Made me sick but I was able to grab a few things for myself before the end.....