PDA

View Full Version : F9 will be gone as of 2011

Delta777LR
2011-01-19, 01:12 PM
Another US airline to be gone as of this year, Denver based Frontier will be disappearing and be taking over by a large carrier,

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/investing/10-american-companies-that-will-disappear-in-2011/19798647/

T-Bird76
2011-01-19, 01:36 PM
This is what happens when you read news stories from analysts that have no idea what they are talking about. Nowhere does it state in that article they are going anywhere...its speculation. If you want real facts go read Boyd's Hot Flash weekly industry analysis. F9 only filed Chapter 11 because their credit card processor decided to hold back more of F9's funds from credit card transactions that would have put them into a cash short fall situation. F9 at the time was profitable company with strong operating performance. F9 today is a profitable airline with a combined route structure that is highly competitive with Southwest and jetBlue. Frontier also still has the second highest market share from DEN with an highly loyal hometown customer base.

The guy who wrote that article is a fool.... In neither the DAL/NW or the CO/UA merger were fleets cut or routes slashed....the same will be true for the Southwest/Airtran deal. This guy loses whatever limited credibility he had once he mentioned that's why airlines merge.

As for his other predictions....Office Depot being taken over by Target......I don't even know where to start with that. I wonder what second rate community college this a$$ obtained his degree from??????

Spunker
2011-01-19, 03:22 PM
Yes, I thought Frontier was going to be unchanged as Republic's main carrier