PDA

View Full Version : iPhone comes to Verizon

T-Bird76
2011-01-11, 12:57 PM
So after years of rumor, speculation, and more rumor the iPhone has finally to the Verizon network. It will be interesting to see how many people jump on the iPhone 4 vs. waiting to the summer when iPhone 5 comes out. It will also be interesting to see how VZW's network handles what is sure to be an influx of customers.

http://gizmodo.com/5730527/the-verizon-iphone-is-here

lijk604
2011-01-11, 05:55 PM
...and with that influx of customers going to Verizon, we get to see if AT&T's product improves. Definitely will be something fun to watch.

megatop412
2011-01-11, 06:25 PM
And as a Verizon member myself, all I have to say is, these people better not screw with my ability to make a phone call while they're busy watching youtubes and twitter-booking while they're supposed to be paying attention in class/on the road/to their parents/to their jobs/to the people on the sidewalk in front of them/etc.

moose135
2011-01-11, 06:30 PM
And as a Verizon member myself, all I have to say is, these people better not screw with my ability to make a phone call while they're busy watching youtubes and twitter-booking while they're supposed to be paying attention in class/on the road/to their parents/to their jobs/to the people on the sidewalk in front of them/etc.
Yeah, good luck with that...:wink:

Art at ISP
2011-01-11, 06:52 PM
First I-Phone will be 3G CDMA meaning that it won't do data and telephony at the same time.

Steven Holzinger
2011-01-11, 07:49 PM
Considering you can't do data and talk on the phone at the same time, I don't have a problem with it. I already have a Blackberry and you can't do data and talk at the same time. I'm used to it.

The way I see it... you want me to look something up while I'm on the phone with you? There's a good chance I'll be at or near my computer, have my iPod Touch with me (and hope to god in a Wifi hotspot), or maybe I will have my iPad with me.

megatop412
2011-01-11, 09:39 PM
totally off-topic, but Steve- nice airshow site- great coverage of the 2008 McGuire Air Expo, that was awesome