PDA

View Full Version : "SERVER MELTDOWN"

Derf
2010-12-17, 02:44 PM
I just want to say that I am totally unhappy with the performance of this website and I want a full refund for the last 2 years. I expect the refund to hit my credit card in 48 hours.

Seriously, Great Job guys! I feel very bad that you guys are having these issues that take you away from your family sooo close to the holiday. My hat off to you Matt. You are the man!!! Happy Holidays and Thanks!

emshighway
2010-12-17, 03:41 PM
Welcome back. I'm sure we were all going through withdrawls. Great job getting back on line.

Gerard
2010-12-17, 11:25 PM
Glad to see the site back up. Good job and thanks for keeping us updated on Facebook.

Big Tim #70
2010-12-19, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys! I've always loved this site & appreciate all you guys do to keep it going!

Happy Holidays!

PhilDernerJr
2010-12-20, 11:13 AM
Thank you guys. I have no other words to describe the typical "we appreciate your patience and patronage", but it's true.

Some new features that we are coming out with soon will require a new server, which we were going to switch to early in January. Because of our recent server issues, we decided to make the jump now, which we are still in the process of doing since the other day. What we all experienced the other day should never happen, and I had no tolerance for it. Even though there are no paid memberships here, you guys deserve to have a site that's fully functional at all times.

Thanks again!

Derf
2010-12-20, 12:12 PM
...........Even though there are no paid memberships here, you guys deserve to have a site that's fully functional at all times.

Thanks again!

then who did I give the $12,324.94 to with the Swiss Bank account? Seriously, Hiccups will happen and I think that you should have a membership with like a $25 a year charge for those who "WANT" to pay thru paypal or something like that. I know I and select others that "live" on the site would like to help offset the the cost that you are paying and giving you and also any other costs that may come about. (Of course with no assurance of service as you guys donate your time for this...I was thinking just to help offset your costs and the extra money your spending on the picknic for burgers and all) :cool:

If not I would still like to help as this is my home too ya know!!!!

Speak up guys, we all know Phil does not want to charge, I think we need to help. If you are on this site as much as me...Speak up if you feel as I feel. Thanks Phil and Matt. You guys really are awesome.

george
2010-12-20, 12:44 PM
then who did I give the $12,324.94 to with the Swiss Bank account? Seriously, Hiccups will happen and I think that you should have a membership with like a $25 a year charge for those who "WANT" to pay thru paypal or something like that. I know I and select others that "live" on the site would like to help offset the the cost that you are paying and giving you and also any other costs that may come about. (Of course with no assurance of service as you guys donate your time for this...I was thinking just to help offset your costs and the extra money your spending on the picknic for burgers and all) :cool:

If not I would still like to help as this is my home too ya know!!!!

Speak up guys, we all know Phil does not want to charge, I think we need to help. If you are on this site as much as me...Speak up if you feel as I feel. Thanks Phil and Matt. You guys really are awesome.

I agree! I'm on this site all the time and would have no problems with a $25 Membership. For all the work that Phil and Matt do I feel we should help in some way!

puckstopper55
2010-12-20, 01:43 PM
agreed! Maybe not a set amount, just a general donation box

PhilDernerJr
2010-12-20, 03:05 PM
That's appreciated guys. In the coming months we will be developing pay features that you folks can obtain which will help support the site. Donations are kind, but not necessary.

Great ways to support NYCA are to support our advertisers, and to link the site and articles to your friends or on facebook or twitter or any other means.

Thanks again!

puckstopper55
2010-12-20, 03:49 PM
pay features? Like what?

PhilDernerJr
2010-12-20, 04:15 PM
Pay features like you pay whatever the cost is, and in turn you receive certain access and benefits.

(Not gonna give it away that easy ;) )

MarkLawrence
2010-12-20, 05:37 PM

I agree with Fred on this - we should be able to provide a little bit more than the moral support than we do now - and I'd be a willing contributor as well. I'll take iy out of the housekeeping budget - I spend as much time here as I do at home! :)

puckstopper55
2010-12-21, 11:14 AM
I could sell the rest of my partial season tix for the isles and put the money to better use here. At least I know it will be reinvested.

Matt Molnar
2010-12-22, 02:11 AM
I could sell the rest of my partial season tix for the isles and put the money to better use here. At least I know it will be reinvested.
I don't think you'd get $25 for those. :frown: (I'm an Isles fan, too)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, guys.