PDA

View Full Version : Fly over question

gettysburgerrn
2010-12-12, 06:39 AM
Good morning all- After watching yesterday's Army - Navy game I got to thinking- 1) Aircraft from what naval squadron did the flyover yesterday? and 2) Just how is it determined what squadron will do the flyover (for this as well as any other event)? Thanks...
KEn

Steven Holzinger
2010-12-12, 07:00 PM
VFA-103 did the flyover.

I have no idea how it's determined who gets to do it, but here is video of the flyovers (with much better coverage than CBS' coverage, and I was two miles away!). I spent the better part of the late morning and early afternoon at PHL so that video is mixed in with the Army/Navy stuff, which is towards the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T92Vu7aAoLQ

USAF Pilot 07
2010-12-12, 07:10 PM
It was a 4-ship of F18s, they flew directly over my apartment in Old City in Philadelphia, headed East....

Gerard
2010-12-12, 07:26 PM
It was a 4-ship of F18s, they flew directly over my apartment in Old City in Philadelphia, headed East....

And 4 UH-60s. Like that they did a temporary halt on departures during the Fly Overs.
Steven you have your scanner hooked up to the camera or were you being an octopus shooting video and holding caMERA? lol!

Steven Holzinger
2010-12-12, 11:47 PM
Four AH-64A Apaches - not UH-60 Blackhawks... and they were Super Hornets and not Hornets. They turned northwest as you can tell in the video.

Oh and my scanner was hanging off of my pants pocket...:biggrin:

Gerard
2010-12-13, 07:05 PM
Four AH-64A Apaches - not UH-60 Blackhawks... Oh and my scanner was hanging off of my pants pocket...:biggrin:

LOl thanks. And yeah I just did a closer look and saw they were Apaches. And I had my damn glasses on!! :tongue: