PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Adorama anyone?

jerslice
2010-12-08, 03:28 PM
Anyone have any experience buying used from Adorama? I’m considering picking up an item that’s listed as E+ to save $300 or so. Any thoughts good or bad on them?
Thanks,
Jeremy

moose135
2010-12-08, 03:40 PM
I haven't used them personally, but everyone I know that have, have been satisfied. They rate up there with B&H - 1 and 1A - in terms of quality, customer service, etc. When I was at Newsday, the photo department used them for most corporate equipment purchases and service. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

NIKV69
2010-12-08, 03:59 PM
I have used them a lot for smaller accessory stuff but since last year somoene bought me a GC I bought my new TC from them and had a very interesting experience. Their shipping is awesome usually very fast but I bought the item new and I received one that was taken out of the box and obviously used and I suspected may have been gray as well though I didn't check the warranty card. I called them and their CS is good but not top shelf. It was not the greatest experience but they did make it right. At this point I only use Unique since you save the tax but your only options are Adorama and B&H anyway. All the other smaller stores are just not worth it anymore. They are either crooks or try to ship gray stuff to pass off as USA so you really only have those options if buying new. I wouldn't even trust ebay anymore for new stuff.

Matt Molnar
2010-12-08, 04:14 PM
I bought my Sigma 135-400mm used from them last year and it was fine, saved about half vs. new.

seahawks7757
2010-12-08, 04:18 PM
I just bought my new camera bag from them and so far no issues.

jerslice
2010-12-08, 04:38 PM
Thanks everyone.
Sadly the item was snapped up in less than 3 hours, and not by me. I knew I should've just gone for it.

NIKV69
2010-12-08, 04:44 PM
If you live outside NY Adorama and B&H is usually a good bet on new or used. I would use them all the time if it wasn't for the tax so I use Unique but for things like that you should just go for it.

jerslice
2010-12-08, 04:45 PM
Yeah I regret not picking it up. The item sure doesn't come up often especialy at E+ or better, so I was a fool not to take it.