PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get Passur on Smartphones

Speedbird1
2010-12-03, 07:37 AM
I enjoy watching aircraft on Passur but when I attempt to do so on smartphones, I just get the map but no aircraft. I think it has something to do with "cookies". Is there a way to download onto smartphones so I can see the aircraft? Even the mighty iPhone doesn't get the aircraft.

Matt Molnar
2010-12-03, 12:29 PM
Passur uses a type of program called a Java applet. I don't believe any phones support these.

Speedbird1
2013-02-12, 07:52 AM
You must be correct. I tried to use Passur on various smartphones and none got the map or aircraft. Even more surprising, I was not even able to get Passur on current iMacs or any Apple products. I tried downloading Firefox but no luck. Imagine spending 2 grand on an iMac and you can't see Passur yet my cheaper laptop easily shows Passur and gets flash videos and Java applets. I think it's a copyright thing. I guess that Microsoft rules!

727C47
2013-02-12, 08:02 AM
u r right my cheap refurb windows laptop used to give me PASSUR,no problemo,my Mac book not so much.

RomNYC
2013-02-12, 08:20 AM
Works fine on my old MacBook. There was a Java update for mac OS last week, maybe that's what you need.