PDA

View Full Version : INFO NEEDED: Fugitive Flight Inbound to NY from Bangkok

Matt Molnar
2010-11-16, 03:46 PM
Alleged Soviet arms dealer Viktor Bout is reportedly to arrive in NY from Bangkok tonight via a US chartered jet. He is wanted in the US for selling weapons to bad guys around the world. He was arrested in Thailand but today was extradited to the US despite objections from Thai and Russian authorities.

It appears he boarded a white bizjet with red stripes in Bangkok in this photo: http://blogs.wsj.com/corruption-currents/2010/11/16/suspected-arms-dealer-viktor-bout-extradited-to-us/

Anyone know anything? Airport? Plane? Arrival time?

I saw an ETA of 9pm but its accuracy is questionable.

PM me if you have any info and/or you are available to take photos. Monetary compensation is possible for photos.

gonzalu
2010-11-16, 03:53 PM
9PM? Man, too bad :-( I am to be at a Shiva at that time... 30 miles away... darn. Otherwise you could count on me. I am always up for a challenge!

cancidas
2010-11-16, 05:17 PM
Looks like a Gulfstream if that helps.

cancidas
2010-11-16, 09:58 PM
then again looks like this scheme: 1752903

Matt Molnar
2010-11-16, 11:19 PM
Wow, good find. Sure looks like it.

Never did find out where it went. Oh well.

hiss srq
2010-11-16, 11:52 PM
That is defineately the door assembly of a Global Express... Maybe the one Matt got was the right one. Hard to say but it was defineately a GLEX in any event.

Matt Molnar
2010-11-17, 12:59 AM
Turns out they flew to Newburgh.

Gerard
2010-11-17, 07:17 PM
Turns out they flew to Newburgh.

Motorcade or helo to NYC?

Iberia A340-600
2010-11-17, 08:29 PM
Whenever someone rather important flies into SWF with a private jet they usually helo to NYC, for example Prince Harry.

planelove
2010-11-17, 09:07 PM
Was walking by a tv showing CNN and they had some footage of him in what looked like a hanger, I mustve just missed him getting off the plane and I was in a hurry.

Mateo
2010-11-17, 10:48 PM
Someone with a JD correct me, but when you're being extradited, the jurisdiction of the case becomes your first point of entry to the United States. Since he was being charged in the Southern District of New York, he had to enter in the Southern District, which is Bronx, Dutchess, New York, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, and Westchester Counties (notably not Queens County).

Gerard
2010-11-17, 11:08 PM
Whenever someone rather important flies into SWF with a private jet they usually helo to NYC, for example Prince Harry.

Not sure how the weather was last night allowing a copter shuttle from SWF to NYC.

Matt Molnar
2010-11-18, 12:05 AM
Someone with a JD correct me, but when you're being extradited, the jurisdiction of the case becomes your first point of entry to the United States. Since he was being charged in the Southern District of New York, he had to enter in the Southern District, which is Bronx, Dutchess, New York, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, and Westchester Counties (notably not Queens County).
Good call.