PDA

View Full Version : NPR Fires Analyst Over Comments on Muslims

Midnight Mike
2010-10-21, 08:38 AM
NPR Fires Analyst Over Comments on Muslims
20-October-2010

NPR has terminated its contract with Juan Williams, one of its senior news analysts, after he made comments about Muslims on the Fox News Channel.

NPR said in a statement that it gave Mr. Williams notice of his termination on Wednesday night.

The move came after Mr. Williams, who is also a Fox News political analyst, appeared on the “The O’Reilly Factor” on Monday. On the show, the host, Bill O’Reilly, asked him to respond to the notion that the United States was facing a “Muslim dilemma.” Mr. O’Reilly said, “The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet.”

Mr. Williams said he concurred with Mr. O’Reilly.

He continued: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

Mr. Williams also made reference to the Pakistani immigrant who pleaded guilty this month to trying to plant a car bomb in Times Square. “He said the war with Muslims, America’s war is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don’t think there’s any way to get away from these facts,” Mr. Williams said.

Matt Molnar
2010-10-21, 05:02 PM
Today Fox News offered him a 3 year, $2 million contract...awfully quick, sounds like this might have been all planned out.

mirrodie
2010-10-21, 05:17 PM
Gotham, you are too much of a conspir:cool:acy theorist! LOL

NIKV69
2010-10-21, 06:51 PM
Matt is certainly right here. NPR has grown very tired of Juan's appearances on a rival network such as FOX and all parties involved had to have some idea this was the end result of such behavior. Juan has been talking treason for months from the far left George Soros media and all they needed was this remark.

MarkLawrence
2010-10-21, 07:29 PM
Personally, I think his comment was offensive, bordering on racism - in the same way that O'Reilly's comment about 9/11 was offensive - but - the shock factor always seems to get a person bigger contracts - just doesn't seem right...

Matt Molnar
2010-10-21, 07:58 PM
Personally, I think his comment was offensive, bordering on racism
I agree, it's just a dumb thing to say. After all, the 9/11 hijackers, the London bombers, the Madrid bombers, Richard Reid and the attempted Christmas Day bomber were all dressed in western clothing, not Muslim garb.

NIKV69
2010-10-21, 09:25 PM
You got to remember this is ALL ratings driven. O'Reilly's comments I think were planned and was designed to piss those two off. He obviously hates both and they equally hate him. Only reason they tolerate each other is they perform a means to an end for both. He gives them a ratings boost and they sell more of his books. As for Williams his remark was very perplexing to me and to be honest I am not going to waste one iota of energy trying to figure it out but trust me all these media types do and say things for one reason and this to get you to watch.