PDA

View Full Version : On my way to HoBe and maybe Bayswater if time permits...

gonzalu
2010-10-16, 12:35 PM
On my way to HoBe and maybe Bayswater if time permits... I shoot Nikon D2Xs and/or D3 if anyone notices me ;-) and likely a tan P-38 Lightning Cap

gonzalu
2010-10-16, 08:05 PM
Met up with Zee71 (http://nycaviation.com/forum/members/1556-Zee71) and got a really nice walkthrough of a few of the top spots around JFK. Ended up at Costco after trying Bayswater (closed) and capturing the Air France A380 at Inwood Park (that was it) but the light was just perfect at Costco. Never imagined my first spotting outage at JFK would be so productive. Will post later on tonight.

Thanks Mark!

Zee71
2010-10-16, 10:39 PM
Your welcome Manny! It was a pleasure spotting with you, and I'm glad we had some great light towards late afternoon.

threeholerglory
2010-10-17, 12:31 AM
what is this about Bayswater being closed? Forgive me if there's already a thread on it...

Zee71
2010-10-17, 12:54 AM
Not sure why............but we got there around 3:30-ish to catch the A380 and the gates were locked. Not sure why, and sign posted (maybe the parks guys was sick). We ended up catching the A380 at Inwood Park.

gonzalu
2010-10-21, 12:04 AM
Sorry I am late to this... on Monday, I went by and while it was already past 6:15, I still went in (gates open) no one around at all, not even someone walking a dog. But open...

Question, where do I go once inside? just follow the main gravel path out to the water's edge/concrete pier remains? Or do I take that first path off to the right immediately after the main gate?

Also, once in there, if I stay too long, do I risk being locked INSIDE the park? lol. What should I do if that happens? I mean I love shooting at dusk/dark... :-)

Thanks all

Zee71
2010-10-21, 07:21 AM
At Bayswater Park, once inside just follow the main gravel path and then take that first path off to the right immediately after the main gate all the way down to the water. You'll have a fantastic view of the 4's. This spotting area is great during the morning hours. Some times there are folks fishing. They operation may vary........there were times where I had to wait for the gate to open, but I never stayed that late. I would imagine the guy closing the gate would drive into to the park to make sure no one gets closed in.

gonzalu
2010-10-21, 08:43 AM
Thanks Mark. I am trying to get away tomorrow afternoon for the Dream Lifter if it leaves.