PDA

View Full Version : Bombardier Under Scrutiny After Delta Incident

Gerard
2010-09-28, 08:31 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/28/2010-09-28_similar_problems_have_plagued_maker_of_jfk_mira cle_jet_firm_landing_in_hot_water.html

Matt Molnar
2010-09-28, 08:55 PM
Not only the CRJ, but the Q400 has had some serious gear problems, as well.

seahawks7757
2010-09-29, 01:30 AM
There was just an AD on the Q400 gear a few weeks ago.

hiss srq
2010-09-29, 02:07 AM
Bombardier has some serious issues. This article is fantastic. Missed a few Air Wisky incidents that were reported plus a few that were not but defineately exposes the point. When I was in the OC tower with US at New York it was frequent in relation to other airplanes that the CR2's would have gear issues. Several times we had them divert to JFK even though there was an extension. One time I remember that they declared on freq, held to run checklists and than did a flyby at LGA to verify extension. The right main appeared to be down so they came back and landed on 31. If your gear collapses the landing roll is going to be shorter than if it was extended so I can see the logic. At least if it is a main. As someone else said too.... The Q400 has issues. Not only the Q4 though, there is a large number of 100 gear issues as well and recently if you check out some sites you will see that Dashes have had a pretty high incident rate with many hyd. and control issues. Frankly, the CL65 design is old, it is inefficent which is why in part Comair is dumping them and they pretty much took a biz jet, slapped a few plugs in it, took the galley out, piled seats in it and said "Hey! Here is a mini airliner!".