PDA

View Full Version : B-2 Stealth to Flyover Jets Game Tonight

Matt Molnar
2010-09-13, 05:58 PM
Scheduled for 7:08pm...weather permitting. :-/

Gerard
2010-09-13, 06:20 PM
Scheduled for 7:08pm...weather permitting. :-/

Thats for sure. 6:19 now and nasty storms moving north to south through NJ and the city.

Gerard
2010-09-13, 06:33 PM
Thats for sure. 6:19 now and nasty storms moving north to south through NJ and the city.

Game officially in delay till at least 7:30. Fans were told to leave the stands due to lightning.

Speedbird1
2010-09-14, 06:03 AM
Did the Stealth ever come after the storms Passed? I did see the fly-over at 1357 over Ashe Stadium to begin the US Open Men's Finals but the sky was starting to darken a bit.

PhoenixOne
2010-09-14, 10:51 AM
I was at the game last night and for the life of me, I could not/did not see/hear a B2 Spirit fly over. You had to see, 80,000 fans ALL looking up with this puzzled look on their face, "uh, is it because it's stealth, we can't see it?". If anyone can confirm if it flew over or if it was canceled due to weather it would be greatly appreciated. I sure it didn't do the flyover at.......40,000 feet. LOL. During the time it was supposed to fly over, we had two copters hovering at the perimeter of the stadium and flights were still taking off/landing...(nose bleed seats, if I tried, i could touch the landing gears of the passing planes). Btw, horrible, horrible performance by the Jets last night. Embarrassing.

Gerard
2010-09-14, 07:03 PM
I was at the game last night and for the life of me, I could not/did not see/hear a B2 Spirit fly over. You had to see, 80,000 fans ALL looking up with this puzzled look on their face, "uh, is it because it's stealth, we can't see it?". If anyone can confirm if it flew over or if it was canceled due to weather it would be greatly appreciated. I sure it didn't do the flyover at.......40,000 feet. LOL. During the time it was supposed to fly over, we had two copters hovering at the perimeter of the stadium and flights were still taking off/landing...(nose bleed seats, if I tried, i could touch the landing gears of the passing planes). Btw, horrible, horrible performance by the Jets last night. Embarrassing.

From what I heard it was cancelled. And i believe one of those copters was a camera ship for ESPN courtesy of DirectTV.

moose135
2010-09-14, 07:36 PM
I was at the game last night and for the life of me, I could not/did not see/hear a B2 Spirit fly over.
If you could see it, it wouldn't be very stealthy, would it? :biggrin:

Gerard
2010-09-14, 09:17 PM
If you could see it, it wouldn't be very stealthy, would it? :biggrin:

So its possible it DID fly over!! :wink:

moose135
2010-09-14, 09:45 PM
So its possible it DID fly over!! :wink:
To use an old SAC phrase, "We can neither confirm nor deny..." :wink:

Gerard
2010-09-14, 10:17 PM
To use an old SAC phrase, "We can neither confirm nor deny..." :wink:

And this one "If I tell you I'd have to kill you" but not sure where THAT came from. :smile:

Woz
2010-09-15, 06:24 PM
Flew over Paramus, NJ around 7:25PM that night. Only a few miles north of East Rutherford. Would be interesting to find out why it did not make the flyover. I know the game started a half hour late due to the weather, so maybe there was a clearance issue?