PDA

View Full Version : Continental "Tennis" Plane

Speedbird1
2010-09-01, 05:45 AM
I hope this is the correct forum to post this as it bothers me. Again, Continental Airlines is holding the same contest as last year. Near the US Open entrance, they have an aircraft made entirely of tennis balls. You must guess the correct number of balls and you will win a free trip to anywhere that Continental flies to. I've seen guys spending hours trying to count the balls. At the conclusion of last years' contest, I contacted Continental to find-out the name of the winner as well as the number of tennis balls. They refused to tell me either but claim that somebody actually won. My point is if the previous winner knows the correct number but is ineligible to enter this year, wouldn't he tell a friend or relative? The plane on display is the exact same as last years'. To the bargain, Continental might become United by next year so the contest could be voided. I pity those standing in the blazing sun this week counting all those tennis balls!

george
2010-09-01, 03:15 PM
I would think that if they have the same contest every year they would use a different type of aircraft each year. I saw this year they built a model of a 777, maybe last year they used a different aircraft or even a smaller or bigger model. Either way I don't think they would use the same model every year.

Ari707
2010-09-01, 05:49 PM
it would take a lots of balls to do the same contest every year.....

Matt Molnar
2010-09-01, 06:11 PM
They could just add or subtract a few balls every year and it's a new contest.

eric8669
2010-09-01, 09:09 PM
Last year it was a 757, I go to the US Open every year.

Speedbird1
2010-09-09, 06:51 AM
It looks exactly like the same aircraft as last years'. It still looks like a 757 and not a 777. Anyway, by next year, United will take-over Continental so do you think they would honor the winner? Continental even admitted to me in an e-mail that they couldn't tell me the correct # as the contest would resume in 2010.