PDA

View Full Version : Slow Loading of Site

PhilDernerJr
2010-08-27, 06:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have been experiencing very slow loading of the forum and other pages on the site yesterday and today. This is because of strain on our servers due to high volumes of traffic. Two sites, Yahoo and Fark, were linking to our site which brought close to 100,000 people to the site over the past two days.

These spikes are becoming more and more frequent, and as great as it is to receive to much attention, the server we currently use just has a tougher time with the immense traffic. We will be changing to a new server not long from now to accommodate higher traffic from these spikes and to handle other features that we are currently building.

These are just some slight growing pains here and there, so we appreciate your patience as we expand. Our goal is to bring you guys some great stuff, so hang in there!

-Phil

adscram14
2010-08-27, 06:38 PM
Great job being on Yahoo! Can't get much better than that!

Gerard
2010-08-27, 06:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have been experiencing very slow loading of the forum and other pages on the site yesterday and today. This is because of strain on our servers due to high volumes of traffic. Two sites, Yahoo and Fark, were linking to our site which brought close to 100,000 people to the site over the past two days.

These spikes are becoming more and more frequent, and as great as it is to receive to much attention, the server we currently use just has a tougher time with the immense traffic. We will be changing to a new server not long from now to accommodate higher traffic from these spikes and to handle other features that we are currently building.

These are just some slight growing pains here and there, so we appreciate your patience as we expand. Our goal is to bring you guys some great stuff, so hang in there!

-Phil

Ah thanks for the report. I thought at first it was my computer but other links were uploading faster. The price of popularity!!

Tom_Turner
2010-09-26, 09:05 PM
Phil - Just fyi.... My browser (Firefox) is crashing with alarming regularity on NYCAv this weekend. (Most especially on the Thai Photos piece on the front page). I realize part of the issue is probably on my end. Certain applications in FB will do the same, but at the same time, I visit dozens of sites and this doesn't happen.

Matt Molnar
2010-09-29, 09:19 PM
Phil - Just fyi.... My browser (Firefox) is crashing with alarming regularity on NYCAv this weekend. (Most especially on the Thai Photos piece on the front page). I realize part of the issue is probably on my end. Certain applications in FB will do the same, but at the same time, I visit dozens of sites and this doesn't happen.
Does it crash when you're reading news stories or on the forums? Or both?