PDA

View Full Version : Delta Files Applications to Serve London Heathrow from Boston and Miami

NYCA News
2010-08-26, 02:41 PM
NYCAviation:

Delta Files Applications to Serve London Heathrow from Boston and Miami (http://nycaviation.com/2010/08/26/delta-files-applications-to-serve-london-from-boston-and-miami/)

Delta Air Lines has filed applications with US and European authorities for permission to fly to London-Heathrow Airport from both Boston and Miami.
[Click to Read Full Article (http://nycaviation.com/2010/08/26/delta-files-applications-to-serve-london-from-boston-and-miami/)]

LGA777
2010-08-26, 03:13 PM
If the article is correct sounds like the MIA flight would be flown with a Domestic 763, anyone know if it has the legs for it?LGA777

Matt Molnar
2010-08-26, 04:15 PM
If the article is correct sounds like the MIA flight would be flown with a Domestic 763, anyone know if it has the legs for it?
Yes, but barely...with only 100 nm to spare at MTOW.

Published range is 3,950nm, MIA-LHR is 3,845nm on Great Circle Mapper.

T-Bird76
2010-08-26, 04:18 PM
So they are entering a market with the sole purpose to grab only O&D traffic on a subpar plane with subpar service? AA offers far greater connections, and far better J and F product on that route. Sounds like they are going to offer a loss leader product in an attempt to grab some share. Lets see how long this lasts....

Matt Molnar
2010-08-26, 10:09 PM
Virgin flies both these routes, too. Seems like a lot of capacity.

Alex T
2010-08-26, 10:40 PM
So they are entering a market with the sole purpose to grab only O&D traffic on a subpar plane with subpar service? AA offers far greater connections, and far better J and F product on that route. Sounds like they are going to offer a loss leader product in an attempt to grab some share. Lets see how long this lasts....

Opinions Tom...

The "subpar" plane is the same exact type AA and DL will both fly to LHR. The 767-300.

Both are 2-Class.

They are evened up.

I like leather, which Delta has, American does not. That's great for me, and makes Delta stand out, you probably prefer cloth over leather, and AA has that, not Delta. So AA will stand out for you.

Regardless of FFP and elite status and such...both airlines are evened up with service and whatnot.

Regarding meal service and such type service I cannot comment on that as I have not flown DL or AA international in Y or F, only United. I don't think you have flown DL international on the same length as you have with AA so cannot comment Delta sucks without having experienced. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

As for connections, it is agreed AA will offer more, but DL can pull the skyteam connections in LHR, not to mention the joint venture between KLM/DL/AF.

Alex

T-Bird76
2010-08-27, 09:17 AM
Opinions Tom...

The "subpar" plane is the same exact type AA and DL will both fly to LHR. The 767-300.

Both are 2-Class.

They are evened up.

I like leather, which Delta has, American does not. That's great for me, and makes Delta stand out, you probably prefer cloth over leather, and AA has that, not Delta. So AA will stand out for you.

Regardless of FFP and elite status and such...both airlines are evened up with service and whatnot.

Regarding meal service and such type service I cannot comment on that as I have not flown DL or AA international in Y or F, only United. I don't think you have flown DL international on the same length as you have with AA so cannot comment Delta sucks without having experienced. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

As for connections, it is agreed AA will offer more, but DL can pull the skyteam connections in LHR, not to mention the joint venture between KLM/DL/AF.

Alex

Alex AA56 is a 777 to LHR from MIA...big difference in comfort, product and service, its not opinion its fact....