PDA

View Full Version : FA's- bartenders or bad cops?

mirrodie
2010-08-17, 10:31 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38718348/ns/travel-news

An interesting read. Thankfully it takes the spotlight off that imbecile from last week and really hones in on the industry itself.

FlyingColors
2010-08-18, 09:50 AM
Yes this is good and all- the industry has my full support.
However- this June the FA on CO, in SXM, in First, was nothing short of a Keystone Cop telling me my 10 y.o. son can be arrested for taking pictures out the window. I instructed JR to keep firing and use my broadside as a shield.

Gerard
2010-08-19, 09:06 AM
Yes this is good and all- the industry has my full support.
However- this June the FA on CO, in SXM, in First, was nothing short of a Keystone Cop telling me my 10 y.o. son can be arrested for taking pictures out the window. I instructed JR to keep firing and use my broadside as a shield.

Damn!! If I'm sitting by a window I'm usually taking pics but I try not to do it when the FAs are nearby. What exactly IS the rule or is there not one and you are just subject to the individual
FA? But to threaten arrest? What an idiot!!

hiss srq
2010-08-19, 01:49 PM
There are some F/A's out there who can be a tad on the touchy side in terms of security but I would not call it "Unwarrented" per see..... It is about balance.... Most are great... Some just need a little bit of understanding.... If approached from a positive angle most will receive you quite well though.... It is all about the approach. Just like flying. :cool:

ISP Pilot
2010-08-19, 06:40 PM
Perhaps the CO FA was enforcing the "all electronic equipment off" rule prior to take-off or landing under which a digital camera or cell phone device would fall under. Even still, seems totally out of line to threaten a 10 year old with arrest.

Gerard
2010-08-20, 12:33 PM
Isnt Direct-TV an electronic device yet Jetblue has it running during takeoff and landing. :wink:

moose135
2010-08-20, 01:08 PM
Isnt Direct-TV an electronic device yet Jetblue has it running during takeoff and landing. :wink:
Direct TV is an aircraft-installed system, and given FAA regulations, I image it has thoroughly tested and certified for use. From your smiley, I assume you were kidding, but I guess if you could show that your cell phone, or MP3 player had been tested and certified by the FAA, I suppose you could make a case for using them during takeoff and landing.