PDA

View Full Version : Lx 64/65 lx 288/289 mia-zrh-jnb-zrh-mia

MarkLawrence
2010-08-06, 09:06 AM
Not the traditional trip report - I'd be typing until next week, but have just returned from our South Africa vacation and I HAVE to at least report on what a great airline Swiss is to fly on. For all the flights, the food was fantastic - even my son loved the children's menus, the service was impeccable, the crews were incredibly friendly, the planes were very clean and comfortable (all were A340-300's - HB-JMH for the MIA-ZRH and ZRH-MIA legs and HB-JMA for the ZRH-JNB and JNB-ZRH legs) and the nose camera switched on during all landings for the entertainments systems was novel!! We are definitely Swiss converts in our family - and getting CO miles didn't hurt either!!! My only complaint - they wouldn't let me blow my vuvuzela - just kidding - one bouncy landing at MIA on the last flight - and - it was a big bounce! But - have the vuvuzela - so watch out NY next time I come up!! :)

kc2aqg
2010-08-06, 10:42 AM
Glad you had a great trip Mark! I fully expect to see this Vuvuzela next month!

Iberia A340-600
2010-08-06, 02:48 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed your flights on Swiss, Mark. I flew them a few years ago on the A340, A330, and A320/A319 and really enjoyed their service. Unfortunately they tend to be one of the more pricier airlines to fly to Europe so I haven't had the chance of trying out the new A330-300.

MarkLawrence
2010-08-06, 05:45 PM
Gordon - they were actually the cheapest of all the airlines that serve Miami when we were looking - that's why we went with them - it was great price - great service...

mirrodie
2010-08-06, 10:47 PM
Let me know next time you're up. Got our Vuvuzela ready to go. Spotting will never be the same!

JZ
2010-08-09, 09:52 PM
Next UN weekend, we can use the vuvuzela as the new communication tool to inform each other of the arrivals of the special visitors :-)