PDA

View Full Version : United's Customer Service shines once more

T-Bird76
2010-07-14, 10:13 AM
Nothing like threatening and bullying your passengers.... Why Continental is merging with UAL is beyond me... They are going to really change the culture at UAL if the service CO is known for is going to survive.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/unit ... 5891592061 (http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/united-airlines-gives-passengers-walk-of-shame/story-e6frfq80-1225891592061)

FlyingColors
2010-07-14, 10:49 AM
They should fit right in with CO.
Nasty, tired and rude is the norm with them as well.
I had a real "bulldog" in my face in biz first no less last month.
Robert F Six must be spinning in his grave.

LGA777
2010-07-14, 03:05 PM
My wife and daughter flew (confirmed, not non-rev) EWR-SDQ last week on CO. I accompioned them to EWR and in part due to my other airline employee status and because of the age of my daughter I was fortunate enough to get a gate pass and accomopany them until boarding. This is the 3rd year in a row they have taken the same flight, and while their onboard experiance was fine CO's EWR customer service gets worse each year. From the time we entered the line at the counter until we left with our bag tags was 75 minutes. Took them an hour and 20 minutes to turn a 738, (scheduled for 40 mins, inbound arrived on time) every inbound aircraft I saw waited for a park, and while not 1 employee we encountered was rude, but not helpful either nor did I see even one smile or look happy. They seemed significantly understaffed. The only real compliment I have about their airport experiance was that it was one of the over 100 degree days and the counter, gates. and according to my wife their 738 during boarding where all at a very comfortable temparture, not nessarily and easy task at 103F. End of rant !

LGA777

T-Bird76
2010-07-14, 03:16 PM
This is the 3rd year in a row they have taken the same flight, and while their onboard experiance was fine CO's EWR customer service gets worse each year.

Ron I have to wonder if this may be a Tri-State area epidemic. I've noticed that with most customer service related interactions in this area the customer service really isn't there. You notice it more when you travel and I can go into a Staples here for example and a Staples in Brookfield, W.I and its a world of difference. Here the staff just doesn't care...but in places like the Midwest, Southeast, and Southwest customer service shines.

LGA777
2010-07-14, 03:28 PM
Tommy, you are probably right and knowing how you travel you are in a postion to be in the know. Since my daughter was born I dont travel often but used to and especially the friendly factor is so true !

LGA777