PDA

View Full Version : Looking for locals at JFK 7/21-7/23

DLH7LA
2010-07-05, 04:07 PM
Hey spotter fellows,
im an 18 year old student from germany. Ill be in NY for 4 nights and im looking for some locals around NY to meet up for some spotting at one of the days from 7/21 to 7/23.
I wont have a car and i cant rent one but as i heard the good spots at JFK are most likely reachable by car (Im not a fan of long walks during the summer :wink: )
If you want to see some of my shots, i have some at jetphotos:
http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=46325

Best regards in advance,
Daniel

NLovis
2010-07-13, 07:11 AM
You have some very nice photos there Daniel. First off welcome to NYCA. Next would be where will you be staying? We could give you some good advice if we know where you will be (by us I mean phil and the rest) :lol: I'm closer to FRG on Long Island then JFK so i'm not all knowing on routes to the spotting areas. Also what times are you planning on spotting? If you are planning on trying to catch the A380, 3:30PM would be an ideal time to already be at one of the locations. If you are looking for some amazing morning shots then now would be ideal. As I was driving into work just now there was a United 757 flying approach for 22L. Let me say the trail off the wings was amazing. If you want local airlines ( Delta, American, United) then anytime would be good. If you are looking for international (British, Luftansa, JAL, Virgin) then I would say from 10AM on. If you need anymore questions answered be sure to ask. There are plenty of us who would be more then happy to help.

seahawks7757
2010-07-13, 04:18 PM
Nice shots Daniel and welcome, I live on the other coast so not really able to help you out, sorry. Do you post on Flickr?