PDA

View Full Version : Saw 2 Delta B744s Yesterday at JFK

Speedbird1
2010-06-06, 06:54 AM
I finally saw those B744s from Delta. I was unable to see the registrations but I have a feeling they are leased. I was told they fly to Narita. Also of interest I saw Aeroflot VP-BAY (B763) and A380 F-HPJB. AeroSvit came (I still get confused with Air Ukraine but they're 2 different carriers), UR-VVF, a B763, Etihad A6-EHB (A345) beautiful tail, Jet Airways VT-JKF and Iberia A340 EC-IDF. I saw the Qantas tail from afar and it looked like Wunala. The fuselage appeared to be all-red. Sadly, JFK appears less crowded, especially for a weekend. I guess many people are staying home to avoid all the hassle.

moose135
2010-06-06, 06:57 AM
I finally saw those B744s from Delta. I was unable to see the registrations but I have a feeling they are leased.
What makes you think that? Aren't they NWA birds that were repainted after the merger?

T-Bird76
2010-06-06, 11:16 AM
Speedbird do you read the news or most of the posts on this site? The Delta 747s have been talked about in depth for sometime now. As Moose pointed out they are NWA birds that are now Delta since Delta took over NWA. If you were at JFK on Saturday then of course it is going to be less crowded, Saturday is the least traveled day of the week. From 10am to about 2pm you could lay across an active runway at JFK and not see a plane.

NIKV69
2010-06-06, 11:50 AM
Google is your friend

http://forums.jetcareers.com/airline-pi ... month.html (http://forums.jetcareers.com/airline-pilots/77126-first-744-delta-colors-next-month.html)

First paragraph about repainting NW AC. Just a little effort into your post will yield much results and avoid much of this.

Speedbird1
2010-06-07, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the info on the Delta B744s. The postings here must have eluded me somehow since I am a big fan of Delta. I corrected my mistake and realize that the Qantas B744 I saw was indeed "Wunala". Any info about Air China ending their daily B744 service to JFK?