PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Double Choke

Gerard
2010-05-14, 10:39 PM
The NHL Playoffs are in full swing and we have some great stories going. The West is all set with San Jose playing
the Chicago Blackhawks. THAT should be a great series.
BUT......
The big stories are in the East. The # 8 seed Montreal Canadiens are riding the hot playoff goaltending of Jaroslav
Halak and defeated #1 seed Washington Caps (and Alex Ovechkin) in 7 games THEN took the defending CHAMPS
Pittsburgh Penguins to 7 games and beat them big time in that game 7.
BUT.......
The Double Choke in courtesy of the Boston Bruins. The Bruins were up 3-0 against the Flyers (I hate the Flyers :lol: )
and let Philly tie them up 3-3. Tonite Game 7 in Boston and the Bruins go up 3-0 quick, 3-1 end of 1st period. But the
Flyers fight back, tie 3-3 then with 8 minutes left the Bruins are called for a....TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE penalty and
during the subsequent power play Simon Gagne scores a goal and the Flyers win to go on to the Eastern Conference
Finals.
Double Choke - up 3-0 in games lose 4-3, up 3-0 game 7 lose 4-3!!!! See a pattern here? :)
Biggest 3-0 comeback in NHL history since 1975 when YOUR NY Islanders came back against....the Flyers,to win!!!
Biggest in sports since 2004 when another Boston team was involved....Red Sox beat Yankees 4-3!! But let us not go
there. :lol:
Conference Finals start Sunday!!!!! Watch, have fun, and enjoy!!

PhilDernerJr
2010-05-15, 06:40 AM
You have no idea how happy I am that Crosby was sent packing. Piece out, my friend! I'm glad to see some new, diverse teams vying for the Cup this year. I feel like I'm almost rooting for the Habs, because I can't stand Philly.

On the other side, I'm pretty disappointed that my 2nd favorite team, Detroit, was sent home. For that I'll hate San Jose and am hoping to see Blackhawks vs. Canadians for the Cup, with Chicago taking it all. Montreal has enough championships.

Gerard
2010-05-15, 11:36 AM
You have no idea how happy I am that Crosby was sent packing. Piece out, my friend! I'm glad to see some new, diverse teams vying for the Cup this year. I feel like I'm almost rooting for the Habs, because I can't stand Philly.

On the other side, I'm pretty disappointed that my 2nd favorite team, Detroit, was sent home. For that I'll hate San Jose and am hoping to see Blackhawks vs. Canadians for the Cup, with Chicago taking it all. Montreal has enough championships.

With the Boston/Philly series I found myself rooting for the lesser of two evils, Boston. I will definitely be rooting for
Les Habitantes in the Eastern Conference and Blackhawks in the Western with hopefully Chicago winning it all. That
would be very cool.

wunaladreamin
2010-05-16, 08:16 AM
Chicago taking it all would be cool since it's been so long for them but I also wouldn't mind seeing the cup return to Canada either.

Ah, really, I don't care. My hockey season ended with the first round.

Gerard
2010-05-16, 09:34 AM
Ah, really, I don't care. My hockey season ended with the first round.[/quote]

My hockey "season" ended when the Rangers hired Glen Sather but that's a whole different story.
But i LOVE playoff hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

PhilDernerJr
2010-05-16, 11:00 AM
Canada got enough this year. :p

wunaladreamin
2010-05-16, 11:29 AM
Canada got enough this year. :p
LOL H8R.

Gerard
2010-06-09, 11:32 PM
[quote="wunaladreamin"]Chicago taking it all would be cool since it's been so long for them

Well you were right!!!
Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks!! First Stanley Cup in 49 years!!!
Wild ending in OT with the goal under video review BUT Patrick Kane who scored it had no doubt!!! :lol:

lijk604
2010-06-10, 10:14 PM
So glad to see the Hawks finally win. Those Philly Flake fans can now wake up...the dream they were in is over.

Gerard
2010-06-11, 06:57 PM
So glad to see the Hawks finally win. Those Philly Flake fans can now wake up...the dream they were in is over.

:lol: Did you see them at the end of the game? They were STUNNED!!! No clue what happened and Patrick Kane is
running around like a maniac celebrating. It was definitely surreal and sooooooo cool!!! 8) :D

Nick
2010-06-12, 12:51 PM
Happy for the 'hawks. And it's funny, I'm a die hard Ranger fan but my " closet " team would be the Red Wings as well.

PhilDernerJr
2010-06-12, 01:51 PM
Happy for the 'hawks. And it's funny, I'm a die hard Ranger fan but my " closet " team would be the Red Wings as well.

My reasons are because of my favorite player, Joe Kocur, and I am also a Probert and Yzerman fan. Well, was.