PDA

View Full Version : Firestone Spotting Location CLOSED, Panera OPENING

PhilDernerJr
2010-05-05, 01:27 PM
Matt and I drove past Firestone the other day and saw a sign that said a Panera Bakery was opening up at the closed location. I think this is very exciting and big news, for several reasons:

- No one will need to look for a non-existent “Firestone” sign for the location.

- We’ll be able to get (good) food without getting in the cars or walking far away.

- Panera has Wi-Fi, which can mean immediate editing and uploading for those who tote laptops.

The only problem this may pose is with parking itself. The area may fill-up, and management may even protest our presence. I think that if we behave, be friendly as always, and patronize their business we’ll be in good shape.

No idea yet on when it will be opening. Maybe they'll repave that mess of a lot back there too. One can hope.

ch2tdriver
2010-05-05, 01:45 PM
You could nickname the location "Planera Bread" :borat:

lijk604
2010-05-05, 01:49 PM
Could we all hope and pray for an outdoor "spotting deck" similar to the way the Starbucks in Howard Beach was built? If that were to happen you know they would get a lot of atypical spotters just out enjoying their food.

NIKV69
2010-05-05, 02:08 PM
Their food is good but portions are tiny and it is pricey but the hotspot is huge. Parking is going to an issue during period when a lot of spotters are out like UN week etc but for the average spotting day as long as we park closer to the sign away from the building I can't see a problem.

mirrodie
2010-05-05, 08:11 PM
Agree with Nick, decent food but a bit like starbucks in that its overpriced and you are paying for ambiance.

Hopefully it will be a positive!