PDA

View Full Version : Cradle of Aviation Museum

Speedbird1
2010-04-17, 07:00 AM
The NY Yankees 2009 World Series trophy will be on display I believe on April 20-21 at the Cradle of Aviation Museum. Why display here at an aviation museum I can't figure.

moose135
2010-04-17, 08:19 AM
Why not? All those Yankee fans wanting to see it translate into more visitors and much needed revenue to the museum. It's all about marketing and promotion - something to bring attention to the place.

george
2010-04-17, 08:24 AM
Why not? All those Yankee fans wanting to see it translate into more visitors and much needed revenue to the museum. It's all about marketing and promotion - something to bring attention to the place.

I agree at least it will bring people in and then hopefully those people will come back again in the future.

And they really do need the revenue.

wunaladreamin
2010-04-17, 08:48 AM
****, I can't get out to see it. I'll be home watching the Mets go down in a ball of flames lol.

Speedbird1
2010-04-18, 10:19 AM
Doesn't the "Cradle" hold in its possession the large Concorde replica which used to hang in Times Square? Why isn't that put on display if they want to attract visitors? At least it's aviation-related.

Derf
2010-04-18, 11:13 AM
Doesn't the "Cradle" hold in its possession the large Concorde replica which used to hang in Times Square? Why isn't that put on display if they want to attract visitors? At least it's aviation-related.

This has been discussed in other threads
http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18653&hilit=times+square

And I do not see how that would attract visitors.... If I wanted to see the concorde, I would go to the intrepid and walk IN one! Looking at the model is not at good.

PhilDernerJr
2010-04-19, 11:54 AM
I can't lie....I'm a big fan of that Concorde ad and would also want to see it.

Derf
2010-04-19, 12:48 PM
You would rather go see a model of the Concorde than go see an actual Concorde on the Intrepeid? I understand wanting to see it but I would go to see the real deal every time. The Cradle has the #3 (oldest Tomcat, one of 2 A-6F's and the First E-2C made). I understand wanting to see it, but the question is, would you make a trip to see the model over going to see the real deal? Just curious -Fred