PDA

View Full Version : MK airlines ceases operations

SengaB
2010-04-16, 07:46 AM
This happened a few days ago. Thought some might find this interesting.
They used to search JFK occasionally years ago but unil the crash a few years back they would fly to BDL and HSV in the US.
MK Airlines stop flying. I was hoping to get the DC-8 but they only flew it to HSV and not to BDL- What a shame
http://www.joc.com/air-expedited/air-cargo-carrier-mk-airlines-suspends-flights
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4525085163_e44ae0181f_o.jpg

Mayi757
2010-04-16, 02:22 PM
Didn't hear about this. Senga, their DC-8 was based in Miami around 2004 or so. Did they go out of business or just stopped flying for now?

The first time I ever saw MK was an odd cargo charter at MIA precisely with the 747 that would later crash, 9G-MKJ. I was up in the cargo U watching it get loaded. Unfortunately I messed up the speed and the slide came out way too dark, it was early evening.

SengaB
2010-04-16, 03:30 PM
Hola Mario,
MK Airlines fueron totalmente fuera del negocio esta vez. Habría hecho algo conseguir que DC-8 para MKA. Adivino que tendré que asentarse con el 747-200 conseguí. Su gracioso cómo los disparos más importantes consiguen pueden tomar siempre parece ser fastidiado. Consiguió un disparo del DC-8? BTW el B742 disparé es el ex Federal Express 747-200. Puede ver realmente los títulos todavía en la frente del avión. Debo haber vuelto y debo haber tratado de conseguir los colores regulares blancos pero yo no hice. Quise esa librea también. Fue clase de descubierto pero fue todavía bravo y muy reconocible

Senga

Mayi757
2010-04-17, 03:01 AM
After a few reads I think I got it LOL

Hola Mario,
MK Airlines fueron totalmente fuera del negocio esta vez.

Hola Senga! well that's sad, but at least we got it :mrgreen:

Habría hecho algo conseguir que DC-8 para MKA. Adivino que tendré que asentarse con el 747-200 conseguí.

You cannot have everything estimado hermano B. Yes you will have to be satisfied with getting the 747.

Su gracioso cómo los disparos más importantes consiguen pueden tomar siempre parece ser fastidiado

You mean such an important shot and gets screwed up? The ramp lice and open doors in this case sort of help it out, it's sort of a boring scheme and I personally like the shot a lot. Is that Ektachrome 100 slide film?

Consiguió un disparo del DC-8?

Si.

BTW el B742 disparé es el ex Federal Express 747-200. Puede ver realmente los títulos todavía en la frente del avión.
You have no idea how much I would've liked to have gotten a Federal Express 747 especially in the much better old colors. Never saw one. I noticed the remnant of titles but couldn't make out what they were.

SengaB
2010-04-17, 07:17 AM
That's true,
I have learned this lesson not long ago. I am glad I can finally miss some planes and not get worked up over them like I used to. It has yet to be seen with the super rare stuff but we will see how that goes when it does happen.

Yes I think the clutter in the shot helps to enhance the shot too. Its all over the place yet it is not really intrusive on the plane- accept for that blasted fuel truck.

I too would have LOVED to have gotten a Federal Express 747..oh man. Or even the 737-200! We started just a few years too late.

I remember in 2000 I saw on the trackers a Federal express 747-200 coming into Chicago. I was SO Excited. I was like this is my big chance! I went out for it as it was Atlas Air. Talk about a let down.

Hey Mario,
I have a worse experience than your non properly exposed MK 747 shot.
How about being so excited to see a United World wide Cargo DC-10 that you didn't even notice the Federal Express 727-100 in OLD COLORS parked just to your right- Not realizing it was there until 11 years later when you are casually looking at some older shot. Only half of it is in the frame.

Senga

Tom_Turner
2010-04-17, 10:28 AM
Senga, that is pretty funny...looking over some old(er) prints last month I noticed a few aircraft off to one side or the shot or another, and in retrospect, now far more interesting than whatever it was I was shooting...and left thinking, "Now why didn't I shoot that ?? Anyway, did you hear Arrow Air is probably biting the dust as well? - or already has maybe?

T

SengaB
2010-04-17, 11:15 AM
Tom,
Luckily for me the only time that happened to me was one of the first trip to KORD in 1996 and I saw Air Canada red and white old old colors and also saw the black and white colors and I thought they were two different airlines do I didn't shoot the red and white as I thought I'd get it next time. Little did I know I know then that there would never be a next time :(
My biggest problem was getting whatever shot I got and then would just accept it and not even bother to try to get a better shot. When I see a lot of my shots from back then I say.Why didn't I just wait 2 hours to get a nice departure.
On the flip side I have a lot of suicide shots. I was very naive back then thinking I could go anywhere and not have trouble. I would walk right up top Guard post and shoot through a 12 foot razor wire fence and not think anything of it. Because of this I got lots of nice planes I wouldn't have gotten other wise.

About Arrow Air.
Wow I didn't know they might shut down. That would means the US will be out of one more operator of the DC-10. I love those old APW colors.
Senga

Mayi757
2010-04-18, 12:45 PM
Hey Mario,
I have a worse experience than your non properly exposed MK 747 shot.
How about being so excited to see a United World wide Cargo DC-10 that you didn't even notice the Federal Express 727-100 in OLD COLORS parked just to your right- Not realizing it was there until 11 years later when you are casually looking at some older shot. Only half of it is in the frame.

Senga

You have photos of the old Federal Express paint, wish I could say the same. The airline was too "common" for me to bother shooting it LOL. Yes I know I'm a complete weirdo, what was I thinking...

Arrow is still flying. They're the biggest cargo airline at Miami so it'd be weird to see them go. On the other hand, Centurion is interested in their assets should this happen, and the 757s would look pretty good on their colors. To me the Arrow livery just doesn't look right on the 757.

SengaB
2010-04-18, 02:56 PM
Mario,

I was fortunate enough to have gotten the MD-11 two times at KORD- I guess half a 727 too. Most don't know FDX had a handful of MD-11s in those colors. I also got the crashed FDX DC-10 (old colors) at SWF before they broke it up.

I have never been fan of the APE new colors. The Arrow Air old livery is in my top 3 favorite schemes ever.

Senga

hiss srq
2010-04-18, 03:03 PM
I remember seeing the FDX purple people eater 747 going in and out of JFK as a kid. I used to get excited on the rare occasions I would see it. I have a vivid memory of being on the beach one late summer afternoon as a kid and a TWA 741 rorared out of JFK still banking over LB and it being followed out by a FDX 747 in the purple colors and being quite excited to see my two fav's back to back.

Tom_Turner
2010-04-18, 04:46 PM
That's true,
Yes I think the clutter in the shot helps to enhance the shot too. Its all over the place yet it is not really intrusive on the plane- accept for that blasted fuel truck.
Senga

I am thinking the fuel truck isn't such a big deal.. really nice shot.. :borat:

t

Mayi757
2010-04-18, 05:08 PM
I was fortunate enough to have gotten the MD-11 two times at KORD- I guess half a 727 too. Most don't know FDX had a handful of MD-11s in those colors. I also got the crashed FDX DC-10 (old colors) at SWF before they broke it up.

Senga you're my hero. Can I have your autograph? :mrgreen:

Senga, that is pretty funny...looking over some old(er) prints last month

Tom, when are we going to see some of that good stuff? Even if they were really grainy, blurry, it doesn't matter I'm always a fan of anything from the past.

I remember seeing the FDX purple people eater 747 going in and out of JFK as a kid. I used to get excited on the rare occasions I would see it.

If I didn't know any better I'd think you were talking about Barney (I feel really fortunate to never have had to watch that as a kid).

Fedex only had a single 747 in full colors, and most shots seem to be from Hong Kong and Frankfurt. Now it makes sense that I don't remember ever seeing one.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/2/0/8/0690802.jpg

NLovis
2010-04-18, 05:34 PM
Well I guess its time for me to step up and put up older shots I have. Been saying for awhile let me scan n upload let me scan n upload but I never bother to take them off the pins on my wall. (They been on the wall for the past 9-10 years now) Somebody slap some sense into me already. I need to get these US Metro Jets up and posted.