PDA

View Full Version : Gov Paterson keeping up the bad work

NIKV69
2010-04-14, 01:00 AM
This guy for real?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/pate ... &FEEDNAME= (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/paterson_to_offer_proposal_to_bail_4O01xITZOEx8oA7 ndtVe5O?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=)

You can't go to the park, can't have fireworks, can't enjoy things at Jones Beach but we can bail out OTB?

I may stay in California, hell NY isn't far behind.

Tom_Turner
2010-04-14, 02:05 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe OTB may actually make money in a literal sense, except the dollars are raided, primarily by the State, to the point that it needs a so-called "bail out".

Tom

NIKV69
2010-04-14, 02:19 AM
OTB was managed so poorly and probably there was much theft going on. The tracks get hit by the state just as hard and they didn't need to be bailed out. Let OTB die or get bought by a private company that can manage it properly. This is insane.

mirrodie
2010-04-14, 09:34 AM
just an aside, I saw a new NY mustard yellow plate on Pinelawn this AM. The first one I've seen.

Who let the blind dude chose the colors?

george
2010-04-14, 10:06 AM
just an aside, I saw a new NY mustard yellow plate on Pinelawn this AM. The first one I've seen.

Who let the blind dude chose the colors?

I saw a few this weekend... they are look horrible

NIKV69
2010-04-14, 12:03 PM
Even better the girl who is responsible for us having this idiot as Governor is going to be on the cover if playboy. She wins out and we lose. What a country.

T-Bird76
2010-04-14, 12:42 PM
I was listening to his justification of this bail out this morning and it sounded to be pure BS almost as if he was saving a croney of his...which could be the truth. What does the OTB do for the greater good of the majority of New Yorkers? Like Nick said this money would be better spent on the Jones Beach Fireworks or saving a few parks.

NIKV69
2010-04-14, 12:55 PM
OTB is a tough situation. I can see the need to have them around because revenue can be made OTB has been plaugued for years with poor management and probabl downright stealing. No other way to explain taking in a billion a year and losing money. Can't happen. Also other states OTB work as a team with the actual tracks where in NY they have always been enemies. Bloated payrolls and other problems have to be addressed but not bailed out with our money. Paterson is an idiot

Idlewild
2010-04-14, 09:21 PM
Interesting how NYS wants to get out of the race track business but they want to superfund OTB. I understand that we may not host the Triple Crown anymore. On top of that we're down-grading the prize monies, and apparently giving control of some race tracks, or use of, to well connected religious cronies who throw money to certain campaigns.

cancidas
2010-04-14, 09:33 PM
i would sure agree that the OTB in my 'hood be closed. it's one of the armpits in greenpoint... a ****hole among ****holes you could say.