PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comment by Arpey

T-Bird76
2010-04-13, 03:29 PM
Gerald Arpey last week made an interesting comment at the One World board meeting in LA.

following a Oneworld board meeting last week in Los Angeles, American CEO Gerard Arpey said he "wouldn't be surprised to see many of [the Oneworld] partners talking to JetBlue as well." These moves could enhance JetBlue revenue without adding significant costs.

While I don't like flying jetBlue as a stand alone carrier since their FF program blows for Biz travellers, it would be a huge plus to have them part of One World at JFK and be able to earn EQMs towards Elite status on AA.

Matt Molnar
2010-04-13, 04:12 PM
Makes sense to me. Amazing it took so long for something like this to happen, but I'm sure that was mostly due to resistance from the backward-thinking legacies than JetBlue. Glad AA finally saw the light.

T-Bird76
2010-04-13, 04:43 PM
Makes sense to me. Amazing it took so long for something like this to happen, but I'm sure that was mostly due to resistance from the backward-thinking legacies than JetBlue. Glad AA finally saw the light.

AA has always been a VERY conservative company in their approach to most things. In some ways its good, its kept them out of Chapter 11 but in other ways its not. While Arpey isn't the most well liked CEO American has had he's done things to bring AA into the 21st century. This jetBlue move proves that, this was a very non AA move and in many ways jetBlue is the total antithesis of what AA is.

This is purely speculation but he may have been eluding to BA and IB hooking up with jetBlue once the AA/BA/IB pack is approved. That would be huge for jetBlue to have that kind of access to overseas markets.

Matt Molnar
2010-04-13, 06:23 PM
This jetBlue move proves that, this was a very non AA move and in many ways jetBlue is the total antithesis of what AA is.
Yep, hopefully AA will learn a thing or two from jetBlue.

This is purely speculation but he may have been eluding to BA and IB hooking up with jetBlue once the AA/BA/IB pack is approved. That would be huge for jetBlue to have that kind of access to overseas markets.
I was thinking the same thing...seems that would be the natural extension of the AA deal.

This whole deal should also motivate VX and VA to get their act together.

bluejuice
2010-04-14, 10:52 AM
Now that we are on the Sabre system, we are now able to interline easier with other airlines. We do it currently with Air Lingus, Lufty and AA. Whos to say there wont be more in the future. Its more money both our pockets without the additional expense of opening new destinations.

hiss srq
2010-04-17, 09:00 PM
I would love to see some full blown partnerships with AA occur to the point where I could earn miles to my AA status as well. Moving to CLT this would be wonderful for me because I could use JFK to still leapfrog all over the place in stead of flying USAirways from CLT. No offense to my former professional alumni but the program at AA rocks my socks compared to the DM program.