PDA

View Full Version : Bikes

hiss srq
2010-04-05, 12:48 PM
Does anyone else in the group fancy riding the bike when the weathers good? Over the weekend at the reccomendation of my heart doctor I took my bike out of storage and started riding again out on the boardwalk. I am even debating the merits of using it to ride to the office in Inwood. It cuts down on gas. I figured it that I would fill up about twice a month with my car in the summer if I do that seeing as I only go to FRG two or three times a week right now and when I go down to Florida I usually take the train to JFK.

Does anyone else ride? What kind of bike?

PhilDernerJr
2010-04-05, 02:01 PM
I stopped riding after a bad incident in Astoria.

H2PXb7xKhcI

But seriously, it's one thing I do wish I had more time for. I just need a new bike!

T-Bird76
2010-04-05, 03:43 PM
I'm picking up a bike in the next two weeks. I was out with my my firend a few weeks back and she has a brand new men's Trex mountain bike she wants to get rid of. So she's getting a free dinner out of it and I'm getting a brand new bike :) I've said for the last three years I've wanted to get a bik but I'm a cheap bastard and never got one...so I can't pass up a free one :)

PhilDernerJr
2010-04-05, 04:03 PM
Nice. You and Spellman can go riding.

Midnight Mike
2010-04-06, 08:12 AM
In the summer time, I bike ride to/from the office, very relaxing to bike ride before going to work, I find myself missing it in the colder wet months, well, in Seattle, it is more like the wetter months....

Matt Molnar
2010-04-06, 04:26 PM
I have a Trek hybrid.

wunaladreamin
2010-04-06, 04:51 PM
Nice. You and Spellman can go riding.
I got money that says Spellman will be riding without the seat lol.

Idlewild
2010-04-12, 08:15 AM
You should probably get a cross or hybrid. They can handle the rough roads around Inwood and Far Rockaway. I own one of each, a Land Shark Cross, which I positively love, and a Co-Motion Hybrid, which is also pretty good, especially for it's weight. I would look at Klein as well, used or new, if money is a factor. They are wonderful bikes.