PDA

View Full Version : Evergreen Sues Boeing Over Dreamlifter Snub

Matt Molnar
2010-04-01, 11:23 PM
Ore. Airline Sues Boeing Over Loss of Contract (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=10265021)
Ore. airline sues Boeing over decision to switch contractors on 'Dreamlifter' program
The Associated Press

SEATTLE April 1, 2010 (AP)

An Oregon airline is suing Boeing Co. after it was ditched as a contractor on the 787 supply chain.

Evergreen International Airlines Inc. won a contract in 2005 to fly and maintain Boeing's "Dreamlifter" super freighters, which are 747s converted to transport large sections of the new 787.

The company expected to have the contract for decades, although it was subject to review every five years. Last month, Boeing notified Evergreen it was switching the contract to New York-based Atlas Air.

Evergreen sued Boeing in Seattle on Thursday. The company said Boeing is only switching to Atlas because it owes Atlas nearly $1 billion over delays in delivering 747-8s the company ordered.

Evergreen says it will lose $175 million in profits, and Boeing should have to pay that.

Boeing did not have any immediate comment.

Midnight Mike
2010-04-02, 08:04 AM
Where is the lawsuit? If the contract has to be reviewed every 5 years, then Boeing honored their end of the deal.

NIKV69
2010-04-02, 02:11 PM
Unless there is something we aren't seeing this case has no legs. After the contract is up Boeing is not bound to renew it.

NLovis
2010-04-02, 11:21 PM
Typical Evergreen. They want as much money as they can get but they dont like to pay out. This suit has nothing to go with it. I know evergreen well I worked on their ground ops evergreen eagle for 11 months before they lost the contract for UPS at JFK. I can tell you they only spend as much as they want to and nothing more. Getting operating equipement was a daily pain in the ass. Something breaks, sorry we have no parts. Pay? as little as they can get away with. I'm not against evergreen but they can use alot of work.