PDA

View Full Version : The New York International Airline Show and Sale -March 20

olympicairways
2010-03-18, 10:44 PM
It's almost here: :borat:
The New York International Airline Show and Sale
Saturday March 20, 2010
9am to 4pm
Marriott Courtyard LGA (opposite LGA Airport and Vaughn College of Aeronautics)
90-10 Grand Central Parkway
Admission is $5 per person.
Buying , Selling, Trading, of Airline models of all scales( diecast and desktop display) , dvd's, photos, paper items, inflight items, books, magazines, time tables and much more!!
for more info,e-mail [email protected]
*** Great views of the Airline traffic from the hotel*** :wink:
Mark Your Calendars:
next New York International Airline Show and Sale -November 13, 2010(same location and same times!!!) :D

olympicairways
2010-03-20, 06:48 AM
The show is today and the vendors have tons of great items for sale !!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Marriott Courtyard LGA
90-10 Grand Central Parkway

Mark your calendars -The next New York International Airline show and sale wil be held on November 13, 2010-
same location and same times!!!!!!

Zee71
2010-03-20, 08:08 AM
I'm definitely going and then afterwards do some spotting.

alberchico
2010-03-20, 02:17 PM
Is it just me or were the rooms kind of empty ? I have a feeling that this will be the last March collectible show ever organized. Even some of the vendors were complaining about the lack of people. But on the other hand, did anybody see that gorgeous AA md-80 on a wooden stand in the first room for only $60 ?

eal401
2010-03-20, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty lame. I was there at about 10:30 am this morning and the room was empty. And it was a lot of the same stuff you see on the Internet. Some good things of note from today:

1) Bill from the Eastern Airlines table mentioned that the first flight of the restored DC-7 should happen this May in Miami. For those if you who haven't followed this, you can see the airplane and read the story here: http://www.historicalflightfoundation.com/

2) LGA was using runway 22 for departures for a while around noon, which made for great plane spotting in Planeview park this afternoon.

I didn't have a camera with me, but I'm sure good photos were taken by others.

-Peter

seahawks7757
2010-03-20, 07:08 PM
Damn, wish I would have relized it was today as I actually had a saturday off for once :(

NLovis
2010-03-21, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty lame. I was there at about 10:30 am this morning and the room was empty. And it was a lot of the same stuff you see on the Internet. Some good things of note from today:

1) Bill from the Eastern Airlines table mentioned that the first flight of the restored DC-7 should happen this May in Miami. For those if you who haven't followed this, you can see the airplane and read the story here: http://www.historicalflightfoundation.com/

2) LGA was using runway 22 for departures for a while around noon, which made for great plane spotting in Planeview park this afternoon.

I didn't have a camera with me, but I'm sure good photos were taken by others.

-Peter
Cant wait to see and hear that bird at JFK :borat:

lijk604
2010-03-23, 10:46 AM
Is it just me or were the rooms kind of empty ? I have a feeling that this will be the last March collectible show ever organized. Even some of the vendors were complaining about the lack of people. But on the other hand, did anybody see that gorgeous AA md-80 on a wooden stand in the first room for only $60 ?

It was pathetic actually. I did drop a few bucks for the 1:400 Boeing colors 787, but that was an impulse buy. Almost felt like a neighborhood yard sale. No one there was selling prints/slides, only 1 table selling videos. I almost wanted my $5 back, but, I'm hoping the fall show will be better. Maybe vendor attendance was down due to the August show coming?

eric8669
2010-03-23, 11:10 AM
Yup, It was kind of slow.

I bought a 1:400 Qantas 747 vh-oeb One World Scheme. Thought that was pretty cool as that planes titles have already been changed.

NLovis
2010-03-23, 11:47 AM

I bought a 1:400 Qantas 747 vh-oeb One World Scheme. Thought that was pretty cool as that planes titles have already been changed.
It isnt in one world anymore? :shock:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3866/philipisland.jpg

eric8669
2010-03-23, 12:03 PM

Nope. Now has "Come Play" markings.

NLovis
2010-03-23, 12:12 PM

Nope. Now has "Come Play" markings.
Interesting