PDA

View Full Version : Reagan on new $50 bill?

Speedbird1
2010-03-11, 08:16 AM
Former President Reagan who fired all the striking ATC back in the 80's for wanting decent conditions and wages, may be honored on the new $50 bill. It's bad enough an airport was re-named to honor him. While he did some good things for our country, he was no friend to aviation and put passengers lives in jeopardy. I remember listening to the JFK Tower during the strike and it was not a memorable experience.

T-Bird76
2010-03-11, 08:46 AM
Former President Regan who ended the Cold War, gave the U.S back its pride after Vietnam, and who's policies ushered in years of economic growth should be given such honor. You're one sided, one argument thought is just wrong. The controllers choice to strike put the economy of this country in far great danger then putting new controllers in place which btw can you name one accident that killed a passenger as a result? Seems to me Regan didn't put anyone's life in danger.

NIKV69
2010-03-11, 10:55 AM
Reagan was IMO one if not the best president BUT I don't think we should change any of our currency.

hiss srq
2010-03-11, 11:14 AM
RR was the best president that ever lived at least as far as I am concerned. I think we should permanately honor him in some form or another. I would have liked to have seen him on the 20 though. The reason being is that the 20 is the most common bill after the 1 and President Reagan was exactly that. A common man of the people d oing an extraordianry thing for his nation.

wunaladreamin
2010-03-11, 12:15 PM
I say put him on Rushmore!

At least it ain't Carter. I wouldn't even want to see his likeness on my toilet paper.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-03-13, 09:59 PM
I don't know if Carter messed up by deregulating the airline industry or succeeded

Tom_Turner
2010-03-14, 01:38 PM
Carter administration started it and Reagan Administration continued where Carter left off.... you be the judge...

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-03-14, 10:30 PM
yeah but carter signed the bill into law