PDA

View Full Version : PBI INFO ???

NYARTCCFAN
2010-03-09, 12:02 PM
Maybe Mr Lawrence can shed light on any spotting locations for PBI as since I will be fully relocated in Boynton Beach in 3 weeks ?? Also what are the best places for parking if I am picking up family that are arriving ?

NLovis
2010-03-09, 12:08 PM
Hmm I wouldnt know. But look around cause if there is is an arrival or departure path going by your house you can shoot right from your house :borat:

MarkLawrence
2010-03-09, 01:17 PM
Mike - on the main page is the spotting guide for PBI (http://nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/pbi/) that will show the spotting locations. Short term parking is the best at the moment - there are still some work being done on the long term - but - follow the short term signs - if you go to the top of the short term garage - there is a spotting location :)

SengaB
2010-03-09, 02:14 PM
I shot P4-MES from the viewing park when I was in FL. it departed 9L. Nice viewing park that allows you to relax and enjoy yourself. Unfortunately you will be confronted with severe boredom within a few minutes of arriving. Don't forget to check out the hurricane damaged 727 that is at PBI.
http://images3.jetphotos.net/img/1/3/3/8/90468_1185933833.jpg

Senga

Mayi757
2010-03-09, 05:13 PM
Only interesting stuff at PBI are the missionary DC-3s and what looks like a private 727-100 that's been there for years, don't know what's the story on that one.

Nowadays PBI is mostly JetWhite and Southwest, but US and DL show up too as well as Air Canada. Maybe one or two others but that's about it.

MarkLawrence
2010-03-09, 07:29 PM
The Missionary DC-3's are long gone - they are now stationed at Stuart. The B727 used to belong to Dick Clark. A lot of DL, US and jetBlue - and of course - a lot of biz-jets. Spirit is at PBI as is airTran - AA is boring - MD-80's all the time.

JBoulin94
2010-03-09, 08:12 PM
as since I will be fully relocated in Boynton Beach in 3 weeks
I was just in Boynton Beach in October for a wedding, it was a beautiful town! Good Luck with the move.

NYARTCCFAN
2010-03-09, 09:50 PM
Never a problem w/boredom for me. Where there is an airport and active weather which believe me florida has there is always something good to listen to on my scanner. Listen to Miami ARTCC and enjoy the usual deviations around thunderstorms and severe weather. If there is no flight action always a good day for weather watching. I am going to be on Gateway off Congress down there.