PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Fokkers: Dutch Govt Resurrects Fokker 100

Matt Molnar
2010-03-08, 05:08 PM
NYCAviation:

Crazy Fokkers: 100-Seat Airliner Market to Get More Crowded Thanks to Dutch Cash Injection (http://nycaviation.com/2010/03/08/crazy-fokkers-100-seat-airliner-market-to-get-more-crowded-thanks-to-dutch-cash-injection/)

http://nycaviation.com/newspage/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rekkof-xf100-620.jpg (http://nycaviation.com/2010/03/08/crazy-fokkers-100-seat-airliner-market-to-get-more-crowded-thanks-to-dutch-cash-injection/)

A group of investors which has been attempting to restart the long-dormant Fokker
assembly lines for over a decade has secured a $27 million loan from the Dutch
government, a vital step toward their goal of producing an updated version of
the Fokker 100 jet. [Full Article (http://nycaviation.com/2010/03/08/crazy-fokkers-100-seat-airliner-market-to-get-more-crowded-thanks-to-dutch-cash-injection/)]

hiss srq
2010-03-08, 07:26 PM
I'm going to need to go take a shower now and wash off. This is some of the most exciting new for me in aviation in a long time. I LOVE the Fokker.

Mayi757
2010-03-09, 10:05 AM
Most exciting news of the decade!

back before the boring CRJs and Jungle jets, these Fokkers ruled 8)

This looks SO MUCH nicer than a stupid A318 (so glad it didn't sell) or Bombardier C series or the Mitsubishi MRJ or any of those! This plane has some character and a fuselage cross section that makes you feel you're inside a real plane.

Although I'd also like to see the Chinese and the Sukhoi regionals jets. They also look pretty good.

Wish the Dutch had decided to financially back Rekkof sooner, there will be some serious competition around. Hopefully it should find some buyers at least in Europe as airlines could advertise they have a superior more comfortable airliner.

NLovis
2010-03-09, 12:22 PM
Nice nice. Something that looks fun. Cant wait. Hopefully AA and DAL will replace their CRJ's with these :borat:

hiss srq
2010-03-09, 02:39 PM
The odds of that are very small. Had it been a bit sooner I could have seen RAH with these though. Delta will buy and Fly as many CRJ900's as their contract with the pilots will let them get away with in all likelyness. I would love to see the type come back to AA but again, I doubt that. It would be an awesome airplane to see back in service here in the USA. It is an extremely capible airplane before the new model Rekkof wants to push out the hanger. It can carry quite a load on impressive ranges. It would be a great airplane for Alaska in my opinion. It can take off with no flaps from grass fields.

Midnight Mike
2010-03-09, 03:49 PM
Although I'd also like to see the Chinese and the Sukhoi regionals jets. They also look pretty good.

The Chinese have trouble making toothpaste, not looking forward to Chinese made jets gracing the skies....

Mayi757
2010-03-09, 04:57 PM

The Chinese have trouble making toothpaste, not looking forward to Chinese made jets gracing the skies....

Even though some were ordered by Gecas, it doesn't seem likely we'll see US regionals picking it up, but you never know!
By the way, some of the Chinese-built MD80s are still flying with AA.

NLovis
2010-03-09, 11:29 PM
The odds of that are very small. Had it been a bit sooner I could have seen RAH with these though. Delta will buy and Fly as many CRJ900's as their contract with the pilots will let them get away with in all likelyness. I would love to see the type come back to AA but again, I doubt that. It would be an awesome airplane to see back in service here in the USA. It is an extremely capible airplane before the new model Rekkof wants to push out the hanger. It can carry quite a load on impressive ranges. It would be a great airplane for Alaska in my opinion. It can take off with no flaps from grass fields.
Those CRJ are already dated. They wont be around forever and AA seems to like their regional jets with rear mounted engines. I think they will pick it up. Lets hope they do.

hiss srq
2010-03-09, 11:56 PM
It is not that AA likes their RJ's that way. It is that the pilot scope only allows for a very limited amount of 70 seaters before they have to give that flying to mainline pilots. On top of that they actually despise the 36 and 50 seat jets but again, they are scope limited. The ERJ was the worst thing to ever happen to AA/AE actually. I dout AA would buy the Fokker again though. If they did they could recall a large amount of pilots though that are sitting furlough right now. It won't happen though.

NLovis
2010-03-10, 11:22 PM
Rats