PDA

View Full Version : Airport Food Courts

hiss srq
2010-03-08, 02:45 PM
What airport has your favorite food court?
CLT has always been a favorite spot of mine because of the Tequiliria. That place is habit forming. LOL I also like BBQ so Carolina BBQ pit.

I think after spending most of the day at ORD though yesterday in L and K concorse it takes the cake state side for best food selections. First they have a bagel place which drew my attention. Than I discovered that they would make me chicken salad, tomato lettuce and bacon on a plain bagel and I was in love. I also ate at another place (Cannot recall the name of it but it is in the hall going to the K concorse after you pass security. It is on the left. Some sort of pasta joint. It was pretty good for airport food. L con. kind of lacked though. McDonalds is not my idea of top quality.

Yours?

I am sure Tommy will have some good ones as will Art and Ron.

Delta777LR
2010-03-08, 02:58 PM
Well im more into pasta and all but I always enjoy going to JetRock Cafe or NYSports Grill at LGA and Famiglia, JFK as well, Wok & Roll at T1 and Sparro

Futterman
2010-03-08, 02:59 PM
I'll be a happy camper once the Five Guys opens up, pre-security, at LGA near concourse D.

Yup. FIVE GUYS.

T-Bird76
2010-03-08, 05:44 PM
First off....FIVE GUYS is low grade dog food...end of discussion I have spoken ;)

DFW
Hands down DFW Terminal D is the best in the country. Not only do you have fast food if you need a quick bit to eat you also have high quality sit down restaurants in the same spot offering varying choices. Even the fast food joints in Terminal D give you a range from BBQ, Mexican, Sushi, and your standard McDonalds and Sabaro. Along with modern wide open facilities make this a great spot when your delayed or on a long layover.

SEA
Coming in a VERY CLOSE second would be SEA's food court, again you have a ton of choices but the seating area is really what makes it a great food court. You have these huge floor to ceiling windows that span the entire length of the food court that rise up 40 or so feet. The views of the departing aircraft and Washington landscape make it an ideal place to sit back and relax between flights.

YVR
Vancouver's Intl terminal offers a great selection of high quality Asian food in a "woodland" type setting. Having travelled through here over 10 times I like the way the food court and shopping areas flow together. It makes it a nice escape while waiting for your flight.

CLT
I agree with Ryan CLT's food court is def one of the nation’s best. Not only is it centrally located where you don't have to worry about sprinting to your gate after you eat, it offers good variety and a sense of space which is important to me. Also you have shops located on the outside of the food court to drop some change if you need a last minute gift for someone.

JFK
JFK's T4 is another spot I enjoy. Its open to the public so anyone can use it, in fact I've meet a number of friends passing through JFK at T4 to have a drink before they connect to their destination. You have a good variety of food, some rather nice high end bars and ample shopping. A Palm steak house just opened there and the food is fantastic.

T8 JFK
AA's T8 at JFK has another good food court, it’s a rather simple design but offers decent selection, good views and plenty of seating. My only issue is it feels a bit dark and in some areas the ceilings are low. Once again it’s also located near some stores which allow for one stop shopping.

T5 JFK
Pretty much the only thing I like about jetBlue is their terminal and food court at JFK. Its smartly designed, offers great selection, feeling of space and a great spot to people watch.

DEN
Each of DEN's airside terminals have great food courts, ample selection of both sit down and fast food locations.

HNL
Having just been to HNL I can say the food court and shopping areas are amazing. It really was the first US airport I've been in that you felt like you were in a European or Asian airport.

LHR
LHR’s T5 is another terminal that just wows you, the food court has just about every type of food you can think of and its good….which is odd for the U.K

Others worth mentioning are...ORD, IAD, UAL's terminal at SFO, CDG, and FCO.

The worst are...LAX...all the terminals, PIT (bad selection), MIA (scattered), BUF (two choices), BOS (bad selection), MCO (nothing healthy), PBI (bad selection), RNO (one choice), LAS (Loud and hot) PBI (limited choice), MKE (two choices), CLE (scattered), SLC (limited choice), and IAH AA terminal (total dump).

Matt Molnar
2010-03-08, 05:52 PM
I like CLT a lot.

Food offerings at LGA Central Terminal are only okay, but the view of the outside makes it a winner, plus bonus for not being past security.

Worst I've been to is JFK T7. Even the new upscale places they opened there are dumpy.